Save Shetland Coastguard

millie

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Kiech

Therefore, to make it fair, I invite you to tell everybody where you are stationed, if you are indeed a member of the MCA, and give people a chance to address your stations statistics. (and establish some credibilty for yourself)

It's only fair after all.

Come on Kiech answer Quarffie and the rest of us it's only fair

One of the primary reasons why Shetland is not as busy as other stations is because the local communities of Shetland and Orkney have a great awareness and respect for the sea because we all know just how dangerous and unforgiving it is since we are surrounded by the stuff, On Shetland you are never farther than 3 miles from the coast.

People who go to sea in our waters generally know what they are doing and know how dangerous are waters can be.

Many people on the Island depend on the Sea to earn a living, so its not surprising there are not as many people getting into difficulties like other places in the uk who's navigation skills, awareness and attitudes towards the dangers and power of the sea leave alot to be desired. Therefore its no wonder other stations are busier.

To Kiech and mustaffa donut how sure can you both be sure that the MOCs and the links to the aerial sites will not suffer communications failures or glitches do you have any knowledge on the high tech system that will underpin this all and how resillent it will be afterall the seafarers offshore and members of the public on the coast will be totally reliant upon it all working correctly and not being prone to any failures. Please share if you do

you are just wanting to line your pockets and fleece the tax payer!

This is a completely ignorant and provocative statement to make how can they line their pockets when they are paid such a low wage compared to the other emergency services as for fleecing the tax payer Iam certain that this thought has never entered into anyone's mind.

To correct you Mustaffa Donut there are 24 jobs at Shetland CG not around 15 as you claimed earlier.

I achieved what I intended. Get a response. I did that and some. You showed me that there is only one agenda on your collective minds (coastguards). Save Shetland Coastguard.

If that was the case and you won that and Shetland Coastguard was saved that would be at the expense of Stornoway Coastguard.

It still would be a hollow victory. ‘’A Sub-Centre’’, maybe designated to do the weather broadcast for all of Scotland and the North of England. Only operating as coastguards when an incident occurred in daytime.

Each station can run their individual campaigns if the wish, but the only way of remaining open for business as true Coastguard stations is to fight these proposals as a NATIONAL COLLECTIVE CAMPAIGN.

Do not help the management in any way by giving them ideas. Give them questions, hard searching questions. The proposal document provides us with all the ammunition you need coupled with your own knowledge of how the MCA operates regarding equipment that isn’t fit for purpose. Or put another way isn’t fir for what they hope it will do.

Get your MP’s to table parliamentary questions which you provide co-ordinated by the PCS.

I have just been informed of something you may not know. The Prime Minister told a lie during PM’s question time. He was asked by Sarah Woolaston MP about Brixham Coastguard. His reply ‘’there will be more front-line coastguards in place after the process is complete’’. He dodged the question asked about Belfast Coastguard. That was two questions on Wednesday.

See what I mean, Cameron may have been badly advised but he still lied to parliament. MP’s sympathetic to the cause should exploit this and anymore gaffs he makes.

Collective and united.

And the LIB DEMS are still Sh*te

Kiech and donut. Is the real gripe here that you are miffed that the Shetland staff did not go on strike? You seem to mention it rather often and it is entirely irrelevant to this thread.

Keiche's valid point about you working through the strike, no support from MRCC Shetland and now you are looking for the support from people to save your own skin.

There you go again!

Like the comment from Keiche said about you not striking when the rest of the coast were fighting for better conditions, how do you expect anyone to give you support now?

And again!

Any chance of being honest and upfront about your motives here? It's only fair to let us know if you work for the Coastguard and if so where, otherwise you can hardly blame any of us for drawing our own conclusions!

kiech, how do you expect a control centre in Aberdeen to co-ordinate a rescue in Shetland during a storm when the BT microwave link is down (due to the storm) and there is no communication possible?

The BT link tends to go down during inclement weather, which is also when the majority of incidents happen.

How do you square this circle?

Infiltrator, i thought the idea of a thread was to air veiws and facts, which have we not.

Is it a case that if any questions are raised against MRCC Shetland role, which does not comply with your biais views, you request the thread to be closed.

I am agrieved at shetlanders posting pictures of brains and refusing to address any questions posed, obviously you have no answers to post apart from insults.

Infiltrator, i thought the idea of a thread was to air veiws and facts, which have we not.

Is it a case that if any questions are raised against MRCC Shetland role, which does not comply with your biais views, you request the thread to be closed.

I am agrieved at shetlanders posting pictures of brains and refusing to address any questions posed, obviously you have no answers to post apart from insults.

This thread was started to bolster support for Shetland Coastguard - they now have their own website for this and this thread has now drifted and degraded to arguments of almost a personal nature due to the small number of individuals involved.

Personally I have no opinion as yet on this, I just think this thread has run it's course now there's a website for this very purpose.

I'll also thank you not to quote my post and then to give the impression that I've posted insults aimed at you, I've been polite in my responses and I really don't think I deserved your response which was almost of a vociferous nature.

Is this something that MRCC Shetland as saving up for to share amongst the watch?

Oh Graeme I think you struck a raw nerve with this brainless coward.

I am still trying to figure out if he has a grudge again the Shetland Coastguard staff, Shetlanders or Orcadians as a whole. :evil:

Hi Mr.Angry, I think its the first of the three. Reminds me very much of a certain high-ranking PCS Union official who has done his absolute utmost to undermine the jobs and conditions of union members at Shetland. But hey ho, thats a subject for an internal Union inquiry isn't it....or perhaps the press I can't make up my wind which.....