Does Virgin mobile work in Shetland?

Lassie77

according to their site lerwick and scalloway seem to be okay, brae not so good http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=mobile.broadband.coverage.page.sm280

Been a while since I've used them but they used to use the Tmobile cells, which means you great different signal zones than o2 & vodaripoff. Not sure if they have the same signal roaming agreement with orange so it could be quite limited.

To be fair to Vodafone (and I am not in their pay!!) I have found them to provide the best overall coverage across the whole of Scotland (especially all the outer isles) and also have first class coverage throughout Europe and the USA whenever I have needed that too. Sure, I know they use other companies to tie in with foreign use, but it has always worked very well for me. Not cheap, but certainly relaible.

I have always been with Vodafone, since 1990 I seem to recall, and have never had any reason to complain about them at all.

• 3 months later...
http://best-mobile-broadband.com/mobile-broadband-coverage-check/

Shows the mobile coverage of the main providers.

Note for Virgin media it seems that they have no 3G "Browsing, email and video " and no mobile broadband coverage in Lerwick. Not sure about the rest of shetland.

3 mobile broadband on the hill but not in town, glad I have good battery life :lol:

Vodafone has the coverage, and is usually the most reliable, but you surely pay for it....Such is life I suppose though.

I have to disagree with you there, when looking to change to contract from PAYG last year Vodafone had the best deal for the phone i wanted and how i use the phone.

3 have got it wrong.

15gb dongle 15 pound a month

phone and card with 1st month 35 pounds then 15 pounds a month

300 minutes, 3000text and unlimited data.

so,

take sim from phone and put in payg dongle, 22 pounds and unlimited mobile broadband on pc and phone.

or 25 a month with a blackberry, 2000 minutes, 3000 3 to 3 calls, 2000 text, unlimited data.

to quote our esteemed photographer, I am not on their payroll, or there abouts

Guest Anonymous

As 3 mobile have no coverage up here of there own they share with orange, (used to be o2) and as anyone with an orange fone knows its not worth a toss up here.

Vodafone has the coverage, and is usually the most reliable, but you surely pay for it....Such is life I suppose though.

I have to disagree with you there, when looking to change to contract from PAYG last year Vodafone had the best deal for the phone i wanted and how i use the phone.

I'm another non-vodafone employee who has to stick up for them. I am on PAYG with a chosen "pack" system and £5 per month covers me easily. I have yet to find any other provider, contract or otherwise, who can match that.