tall ships

hflynn

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CyprusPluto

Thanks for the post and all the efforts of you and your team.

I for one am hugely looking forward to Bjorn Again. My whole family are to come up to Shetland for a visit at that time and they too will be looking forward (except perhaps my brother) to see Bjorn Again.

During my family visit at Christmas in Manchester I went to see an Abba tribute band and it was a great night. The words I said after were I'd love to see Bjorn Again, because they're suppose to be the best. So a great choice.

Now I've just got to keep my eye open for those tickets. I assume residents can access the same as tourists.......

"Tourists - Tourists can buy tickets for the headline bands the same as everyone else through the box office by phone or online booking if they want to go too"

What is the number of the box office and what's the website link?

Many thanks

Ticket info on sales will be published shortly. It's likely to be 1st March though. Fear not we will leave enough time between the public announcements and the sales to make sure everyone know's about it.

Shetland Box Office Phone number is 01595 745555. Anyone not able to purchase directly from the box office desk can either phone in with a credit card or book online too.

The actual audience numbers are the reason for the slight delay re tickets going on sale. That's still being discussed at the moment with a number of parties, but should finally be sorted and agreed early next week. However it's likely to be in the region of 2000+ on sale for each gig.

Of course overall numbers actually attending will be greater than that due to ships crews as well.

Hope this helps y'all....

• 2 weeks later...

We saw an Abba tribute band in the Aberdeen Music Hall - think it was Bjorn Again. The chap who acted as as Bjorn couldn't play the guitar he was holding and it looked like he was wearing someone else's wig and suit (both too big for him). In one of the acoustic songs, the real guitar player (looked philippino or hawaiian to me) was showing him how to hold and strum the guitar :roll:

The other were good, but when you spotted how bad the chap's mime was you couldn't take your eyes off him :shock:

How about Red Hot Chilli Pipers - there's a group that knows how to get a crowd dancing.

How about Red Hot Chilli Pipers - there's a group that knows how to get a crowd dancing.

Their playing is fine, but the lead singer's voice has me reaching for ear plugs or wishing I was deaf. :?

I mean, 30 secs in to this, Im gagging and looking for something sharp and pointy to remove my eardrums with.....