tall ships

hflynn

Apart from the high cost at various stalls which, I would guess in part reflects what people have to pay to have a stall I only have one gripe. Today (Friday) the stalls at Holmsgarth were not open and there was no access to the Tall Ships in the Morrison Dock and at Holmsgarth 5. Fair bit after 10am and having travelled in from the country on the bus, singular except for one late in the afternoon, I would have liked to view the ships in that area while I was there. Never did get back as I was caught in a rain shower and decided shelter sounded good.

Actually one other gripe. Surely the combined might of the SIS and the LPA have by now learned to control the weather!.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't happy with the disabled parking. Went to co op and wis lucky to get a place but most of the cars there had no disabled badge. Went to complain and was told it was designated for disabled drivers but they could only stop other drivers using it if they had the manpower to do so.

Not many gripes, maybe that mixing desk on victoria pier and its location, why?! The prices is steep so go on the street and buy from the local shops, i bought some fish and chips from Glen and while it tasted fine it was about half what you get from the fort chippy. Everything else is pretty good except for the bloody weather! I know we can't do nothing about it but it's such a shame for everyone thats organised this to be lumbered with winter weather! Never mind just have to put on a big jumper and dig out the winter coat!!

Whilst you are aa whingin aboot da bar prices lik pleepsy peerie bairns (as bloody usual lik you canna smuggle twartree haf bottles in) am windirin how you managed ta get served athin da day? Did you get a special pass? Bar organisation? Piss up in a brewery? How hard can it be????? Hunders o bar staff yet a HUUUUUUUUUGE queue for drink? Has nane o you been tae a festival? running a bar really isna too hard. And you nearly cracked it but you decided ta bring it lots o fences and queues. WHY? Never seen a bar lik it. Ach weel still had a great night. Tank da lord for kerry oots!

the wife bought a kebab from the harbour chippy for me. it was a lot smaller than normal a lot less meat and hardly any veg. now the wife bought one of those expensive german sausages from vicky pier and could not finish it. don't assume just because the shop is local that its better or even cheaper.

There's a difference between buying a quality product (like the baklava or the olives or the sausage) and paying twice the price for a tray of chips....

No when you can get a box o olives fae Tesco for a £1 though....come on, have you not learned that from 'Shetlinkers' before! :wink:

Cheers