TV Signal

babygirl

• 1 year later...

I've checked with a couple of neighbours and their Freeview is working okay. (FreeSat in this gaff). Apparently, one or two channels broke up slightly last night but they didn't lose Freeview completely.

Hope you get it sorted soon, can't have you missing Dancing on Ice at the w/e, can we? :wink:

• 8 months later...

Freeeview reception query - is there anyone on here in the East Voe area of Scalloway who uses freeview, and has been unable to watch BBC channels for several weeks? I can't fathom whether it's a weather issue (being in the lee of the Scord obviously doesn't help with signal strength) or equipment. All other channels are fine, but all BBC ones are unwatchably pixellated, and I don't understand why only those channels are affected. Prior to this episode there was only the usual nonsense when there was high pressure... (or indeed low pressure, high wind, no wind, snow, fog, drizzle, sunspots, chemtrails, plague, pestilence or Apocalyptic horsemen riding by..)

Before anyone suggests - changing to sky/freesat isn't an option just now.

I'd consider myself lucky that I couldn't receive the BBC ... but on one occasion with a Freeview box I found I had the same problem. It transpired that when I had done some housework :shock: I'd moved the Freeview box and the cable wasn't fully seated rendering the BBC useless but all other channels were fine.

Strange that the cable only affected your Auntie channels, Unlinked- alas the News channel is the one most watched so there has been much frustration (could always watch Fox News :? ). But I understand your warning about doing too much housework - my own regime to maintain my viewing pleasure is to regularly scrape the grime off the tv screen :lol:

MuckleJ - I'll try a retune, but as I'm going to be doing it by phone with a short-tempered technophobe user I'll apologise in advance for any bad language you might hear from below!

• 1 year later...