Cremation costs from Shetland

Big Ed

^^ No, I don't work on the ferry.

I think it is fair to say that wherever security is present that perhaps we forget that if we don't actually see a physical presence, it can be overlooked that measures are taken that we don't know about (Take, for example, how the Police use CCTV and take other steps but if we don't see a bobby on the street, we can sometimes adopt the view that there is no policing of a certain area, so to speak).

It may well have been the case that although you had to seek assistance via Reception in the terminal that staff were doing their rounds elsewhere on the vessel.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm....they never checked paperwork...or the coffin...I`m not convinced,I`m afraid.

I would expect them to be discrete over the transportation of a body,but that was non existent.

My husband (not one to ask for help easily) wandered for 20 odd minutes,up to reception etc.

I was astonished by the whole business,to tell the truth,but never got around to complaining about it.

I understand they are unused to coffins not being put on/met by a funeral director....but as an infiltration route,its certainly an easy one.

As soon as you mention,coffin,body etc people are uncomfortable,embarrassed,and want to get rid of you as soon as possible.Nobody asked questions.

And thus history is made....