Mumford and Sons

Tomblands

I saw some of the people still queuing when I was down on the street this morning and also some of what must have been the overnighters coming away from the Cross sounding happy. All seemed good natured although I would not have enjoyed being the person who had the task of telling people that all the tickets had gone.

Thought for the future. 1 ticket per person so that anyone arriving could simply count the numbers waiting. And of course anyone who bought two tickets intending to make a profit on the second one would have been thwarted by that.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold out :-(

Queued from 7, got to the bottom of the high level music steps.. then they were gone! Lass i knew who wasn't far in front of me had ticket 251... guess there was maybe a few kept back for the arts trust clique (kidding - just bitter and cold!!))

Definition of kidding:

To engage in teasing or good-humored fooling.

To Mock, tease

To deceive in fun

The flesh of a young goat

Do some people live on here simply to gripe and bloody moan about everything.

Yes

I agree, really crap seeing the tickets on Shetlink!

Folk were counting the numbers all night, all assumed that two tickets per person meant 185 was the cut off point (some folk did only purchase 1 ticket) .

We got there at midnight and were in about the mid fifty mark.

We wandered up and down and counted a few times, last count I done was 5.30am and then it was at 150ish, we knew when it was a rush for the last 35 folk to get any tickets, the mad rush seemed to come at 6.30 - 7am. It was horrible seeing folk arriving and knowing it was too late, but after sitting out all night it was a case of no pain no gain.

I have to say with such a mix of ages and folk and the rough weather the banter was in good humour all night, folk were vigilant for the chancer's who tried queue jumping and not afraid to tell them where to go.

There was no need for the police at any point! A few hyper young teens at times but they were all pretty respectful and paid heed to us 'Mammies' when we flited on them! :)

Worst behavior probably came from grown women (round our groups age) going by in taxis shouting obscenities out the window at the waiting crowd!!

Queued from 7, got to the bottom of the high level music steps.. then they were gone! Lass i knew who wasn't far in front of me had ticket 251... guess there was maybe a few kept back for the arts trust clique (kidding - just bitter and cold!!))

In defence of Ally, he's 'kidding' and I presume he's referring to previous accusations that Shetland Arts staff get preferential treatment when it comes to ticket sales for gigs we're not involved with (which I can assure you isn't the case!)

Some folk really do lower themselves on this forum and subject. :x ABSOLUTELY NO TICKETS WERE KEPT BACK FOR ANYONE. My own son and his girlfriend queued from 5.30 PM to get his ones along with everyone else.

I no longer work for Shetland Arts and they have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this gig.

The reason for the ticket number issue you mention is that the tickets were sold from three seperate books by three seperate people in the shop so ticket 370 could well have been sold much earlier than some of the others - especially given that the final book (with ticket 370 in it) only had 20 tickets in it.

Ticket numbers 1 - 370 were all sold in the shop this morning. What you very publicly insinuate here is total nonsense - joking or not!!! That's how vicious rumours get started!!!!

I do not work like that, never have and it's a shame you choose to comment on something in this fashion you clearly know damn all about.

Right rant over!!!! :twisted:

Jesus! Did you no catch the bit in the brackets?! I was kidding!! I highly commend the folk who secured the band - a real coup for Shetland. I've always supported bands when they come up and wiz just having a fun...

Sorry if I hit a nerve. At the risk of sounding crawly I think the arts trust generally does a grand job and can see that you, Davie, have put a lot of hard work into this. Perhaps it was my mistake to assume that others have the same slightly dark sense of humour as myself...

So, to avoid confusion:

1- I in no way think there was any dodgy dealing going on whatsoever

2 - I think Davie G and whoever else was involved has done a great job organising this and commend them for it

3 - Apologise if I offended anyone.

Right, I'm away to burn down Mareel ;-)

(I support Mareel. Another Joke I'm afraid. I'll get my coat...)

For the record, the posts regarding Mumford and Sons tickets in the classifieds are from folk wanting tickets. I've removed one post from someone selling a ticket at way beyond face value, and the mods will continue to do so

Well done pb and Mods - I applaud that course of action.

Good to see that the Mods on Shetlink are taking action on the greedy touts who are trying to make a quick buck by selling tickets above face value.

Would have loved a ticket, but not that much that I was prepared to stand about all night for one. I will stand all night when AC DC or Iron Maiden decide to play up here.

I will doff my hat to those who did stand about all night though, and its a shame some of those people who waited didn't get a ticket, partly due to the greed of others who bought extra tickets to sell on.

Perhaps it might be worth considering having some sort of a lottery for tickets like these in any future high profile gigs, then everyone will be in with a chance of getting one.

Well done to Ally for clarifying his position there!

I'm not surprised Davie didn't see the funny side tho, he's probably at the end of his tether since all this was announced. People complaining, why only 2 tickets per head, why at W&W hall and not Clickimin, why can't you phone and get tickets, why on a week night instead of a Saturday night and why could you not have supplied a night of 35 degrees with a humidity of 95%!!! (kidding)!!

.....and to the person who wrote that garbage(pun) :wink: about the street being left in a mess, what a load of sh*te! I walked through the street to the PO at da back o 9, no mess at all.

Saying that I hope everyone has a great night and I hope there's many more nights like this through the year, well done to all involved!

Cheers

Guest posiedon
Buying and selling on tickets for inflated prices will always happen, I see no practical way of stopping it, and is hugely unfair both to the real fans and the bands they follow.

Full marks to the Shetlink team for pulling those ads. One less outlet for 'em :-)

It isn't one less outlet though is it? The touts simply come on here and look for buyers, send a PM; job done!

All posts in the classifieds relating to ticket sales should be removed, those wanting to buy as well as those offering to sell.

Selling tickets for football matches above face value is illegal, I think this should be extended to cover all sporting events, music gigs, et al.

Mind you; as others have said, I wouldn't pay 20 quid to see them let alone £80/100 as someone was offering.

If the tickets are being offered at face value or less, that should be ok. Perhaps if advertised, the price along with a fair postage price should be indicated and contractual, as in any sale.

Folk buy tickets and cannot use them, folk want tickets but were too far down the q to get em. Seems fair, but....

Everywhere where there is markets, generally, if you have goods that folk want, you sell for a profit.

Tis odd.

Everywhere where there is markets, generally, if you have goods that folk want, you sell for a profit.

Tis odd.

I don't see what's odd about it at all. Ethically profit levels are always a grey area whatever the product, but that aside, if someone has something some else wants, that some one else has total freedom of choice to pay what they feel it is worth, or do without.

Where the product involved is vital to the sustaining of life of the buyer, it opens up a whole other ethical and moral debate, or where a disproportionate volume of product is bought by one or a very small number of reseller(s) who then sells it on at a grossly inflated price, and effectively controls the market, its one thing to cry foul, but in the case of product like event tickets, I don't see a problem. If a reseller is charging what a potential buyer considers more than the product is worth, they have the option to tell them where to stick it, its an entertainment event after all, no harm or detrimental effects with befall anyone just because they didn't manage to get admission at the advertised cost, and consider buying it via a third party too expensive. If someone is foolish enough to part with a hundred percent or several hundred percent more than face value for something like an admission ticket, then maybe the old adage about fools and their money applies.

If the original source or any agent involved along the way objects to reseller activities its their perogative to refuse to honour any resold ticket if they so choose, if any third party venue decides they do not wish to assist, support or be associated with reseller activities (as Shetlink has done), that's their perogative too (and good on them for taking a stance for what they believe in). I don't see the problem with resellers themselves though, if they bought tickets legitimately under the same terms and any other Joe Public, for say for the sake of argument £50 face, and they can find someone fool enough to give them £100 or more each, while the ethical and moral arguments of accepting such for the tickets could run until the cows come home, it is otherwise simply the rules of supply and demand which are considered "normal" elsewhere, so why not for something like a ticket.