"Scotland's Census"

Kavi Ugl

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Remember, you don't have to be bullied or sucked into the Scots/Scottish blurb.

I've just filled mine out and wrote my nationality as Shetlandic and my country of birth as Shetland.

Drat, maybe I should have written Hjaltland - infact I'm off to change it.

Remember, you don't have to be bullied or sucked into the Scots/Scottish blurb.

I've just filled mine out and wrote my nationality as Shetlandic and my country of birth as Shetland.

Drat, maybe I should have written Hjaltland - infact I'm off to change it.

I tink dat I’ll write Pechtlaand apo dis een

Oooh I just spotted a FATAL error:-

"Please fill in this questionnaire on, or around, Sunday 27 March. Please include everyone at this address. It shouldn't take long ..."

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Now whilst the questionnaire is dated 27 March 2011, some dipstick forgot to advise me to complete the form on or around 27 March 2011. You reckon 1 April 2015 is close enough then? :wink:

Oh, and another thing. Questions 16, 17 and 18 re understanding and reading English, Scottish Gaelic and Scots. How on earth are some refugees who have been granted indefinite leave to remain, etc., who don't read/write/speak (fluent) English, be expected to answer truthfully? Given that one of the excuses given for the census is so that local authorities get funding, you would have thought that even if the form is only printed in English, there would be at least a paragraph in other languages indicating where help could be obtained from re the completion of the form.

Edit: Oops, just found the helpline info in other languages on an additional sheet!

Now I have had a chance to look at the census form I have decided that there are no questions in it that I have any serious objection to answering but I am more than ever convinced that the thing is a complete waste of time since almost all the information asked for is already in a government database and that by properly using the data they would in fact get a more accurate result. Yes there are exceptions such as the religious question although the way the question is asked makes that data kind of worthless.

What this morning,s thoughts really convinced me about the thing is that between the incompetent, the illiterate and those who refuse to give data on political grounds (not to mention illegal immigrants) the whole thing will be worthless. How many cats, dogs and so on will be included by those who regard their pets as people and how many children will be missed out because people know they should not put them on the electoral roll?.

Of course I will not be filling in my form on-line until the 28th on the grounds that things could change before the. Government cannot say that I will not take a partner or get religion before then. Or even win the lottery and move. It does say that it is to be filled in in ink yet they failed to provide a pen although the on-line alternative sorts that out for me. But only if I have some spare bandwidth out of this month's allowance.

I now want to know why it is that although you are expected to fill in the census form in ink when you go to vote to choose the government you normally find a pencil to use. Now a conspiracy believer could probably read something into that.

They'd likely say what a bloody stupid point to attempt to make over various ares of study, by grouping them together under one headline and insisting that your own conspiracy; that anyone who does not believe all that the television tells them, must be the same people who search for symbolism in the use of pens over pencils.

Optical scanners used for reading pencil voting have more to do with this, than the rise of the new world order...

Probably.

There is quite a large movement of people who are refusing to fill out the census on moral/ ethical grounds due to the fact that the american arms manufacturer Lockheed Martin has the contract to carry it out.

Ther is alwas some very sad people in this world.