New SIC Leadership - It is?!?

Ghostrider

Simpson chosen by fellow councillors to provide SIC with strong political leadership

Umm....So installing the old Skipper on the bow as a figurehead, and bringing up the 1st Mate to steer, is really going to change how the ship is run, is it?!?

Who Knew! :shock:

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2011/03/07/simpson-chosen-by-fellow-councillors-to-provide-sic-with-strong-political-leadership

Hmm....Just so long as the figurehead wears this face from now it, it micht gluff a twartree. :wink:

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2010/August/news/Sandy%20Cluness%20Aug07.jpg

All that has been done is just the same old Titanic Store!

All they have done, is moved the deck chairs around on the poop deck.

It wont stop the Local Government-Ship from Sinking.

And the only thing missing is the Lerwick Pipe Band continuing to play on.

As the ship sinks beneath them.

At least, on the Titanic it was woman and children first.

But with our Local Government, it’s councillors first and screw the Shetlands Population.

How dare they go and spend heaps o Dollars on a 'Clown Outfit' for the newly appointed Civic Head.

Has anybody seen it yet?

I'm telling you, between this Buchan Guy and Joseavious fae Whaalsaa, we could be in real trouble now....

Looks like it has even caused "Para' to rush into print once more.

And as for the 'Ness Man' :?: I canna say enough about his 'words o Wisdom.

^^ Surely blawin da stoor aff the old Provost's finery is good enough, they must still have that get up lying round the Town Hall someplace. Its not like it was some small and flimsy garment that could have just slipped down the back of the great throne either. >> http://photos.shetland-museum.org.uk/image.php?i=38625&r=2&t=4&x=1

Maybe they can't get insurance for all yon fur these days, seeing as it could attract the attention of the animal rights lot. :?

=at least, on the Titanic it was woman and children first.

But with our Local Government, it’s councillors first and screw the Shetlands Population.

That made me laugh, but it is so true. It's just the same old same with the council, they say they are listening but does anything change? - no. I have never been so disillusioned by local politics as i am now. Why do the same councillors get these so called 'promoted' posts?

Well gentlemen, these people were all democratically elected by the people of Shetland, and in many cases they have been re elected several times, therefore one must imagine that their electorate is happy with their performance.

I do hope all of you voted, and if you didn't shame on you. You may also wish to consider putting your names forward at the next elections to see how you fair

with the voters :)