Best and worst cities in the UK

Glasgow gets my vote, great nightlife, restaurants, architecture, plenty to do, good shopping facilitys and its friendly.

Milton Keynes is the worst City i`ve been to, nothing to see, really spread out pretty much a turd hole really! Although I would recomend going to see a band at the Milton Keynes National Bowl it`s a great venue

Glasgow pretty good for things to do not sure about living there. Ayshire not good place to live as like Glasgow has trouble between Celtic/Rangers Catholics/Protestants n Orange Walks.

For weird things in town centres Kilmarnock had Fish popping out Pediastrian Zone n also swimmers heads n shoulders WEIRD!!!!!

Have lived in Aberdeen 7 years, Glasgow 6 years, Leicester 3 years and Glasgow again for the past 3 years. As well as that my wife lived in Hull for a year and she comes from Edinburgh so..

Aberdeen good place as stepping stone away from Shetland, you know home is just a boat trip away.

Leicester, people I worked with were great, city itself is a pile of post 50's junk.

Hull is actually nicer than it sounds with great surrounding countryside.

Edinburgh looks nice and has great pubs.

Glasgow beats them all for variety and things to do. Actually wanted to come back to it after moving to Leicester. Agree with bigotry problem though. Was a Rangers fan as a kid & my brother supports Celtic. Living in Glasgow has put me off the Old Firm the bigotry thing is a joke it shouldn't be happening in this day and age.

I have to say Edinburgh.

Last two years, I've been in Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow, Bradford, Sheffield, Derby, St Andrews and a few other places and out of all of them, I prefer Edinburgh.

Just suits my temperament I guess...

• 4 weeks later...

I say Edinburgh but I am bias as I love Edinburgh after spending many a summer holiday in Edinburgh as a kid and now living here, it is my favouite city so far!

I do like Glasgow for the shopping but it feels very harsh to me probally because Edinburgh is very soft on the eye with all the trees and parks everywhere (dont get me wrong I know Glasgow has parks too clam down glasgow lovers!! :) :) )

I have been to London but very breifly so cant really make a comment on it except its big!!

Manchester is ok very good nightlife and friendly but is it just me or is all the shops in centres?

I am a typical Shetlander when it comes to Aberdeen I dont like it probally because it is the first thing you see when you come off the boat and the last thing you see leaving the mainland, its just when you come in the harbour its bogin!

Plus its just too close to shetland for me not in a bad way just that it would be too easy to just go home on the boat anytime you wanted.

:D :D