Shetland Football 2011

Junior Baiano

Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?

• Spurs
    • Whalsay
    • Delting
    • Celtic
    • Whitedale
    • Ness
    • Thistle
    • Scalloway

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 weeks of preparation, 5 new caps and the first time the team has played a competitive match in two years and against an improving Orkney side. The team won the match fairly comfortably and am sure would love to play more games together which requires a manager with a remit to be in place before the end of the season any suggestions??

Many years ago, I used to help prep the pitch at Gilbertson Park. The chap I used to help, an elderly gentleman, a little rotund used to pay me a few pounds for the work, I was there allot of the week and watched the match at the weekend. I think this may have been before the stand was built. 70's.

Now, I was told that the team to support was Rangers (local) as they were the top team in the league. Is this still the case or was it a condition of employment?

Great game yesterday and a fully deserved win for the jags who havn't had much to celebrate over the last few years. Some great support to!

Someone mentioned the carry on at the Mossbank v Whitedale 'B' game. There was nothing in the report about it in the Shetland Times any ideas when the Whitedale captain goes before the disciplinary committee?

Many years ago, I used to help prep the pitch at Gilbertson Park. The chap I used to help, an elderly gentleman, a little rotund used to pay me a few pounds for the work, I was there allot of the week and watched the match at the weekend. I think this may have been before the stand was built. 70's.

Now, I was told that the team to support was Rangers (local) as they were the top team in the league. Is this still the case or was it a condition of employment?

I think he was having you on! There is no Rangers senior team now,they have a junior team though. If I remember correctly the top teams in the 70s were Scalloway at the start and Whitedale at the end.

Haha that's not true but the Celtic player did lead into him with his head

Also heard that the mossbank player went for a headbut first before aything else happened...

Well i got told from someone at the game that in fact the person in question of the punch had in fact spat at other playing member of the Mossbank side, leading to the incident that occurred.