Shetland Football 2011

Junior Baiano

Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?

• Spurs
    • Whalsay
    • Delting
    • Celtic
    • Whitedale
    • Ness
    • Thistle
    • Scalloway

i think its unfair to say the works league is ''rubbish'' as a lot of people in shetland say. The cosmos do have players who could play in the senior league but they dont want to, so to say its unfair them participating because they are ''too good'' is nonsense! Mossbank have several players who could play in the senior league so does that mean they shouldnt be playing only in the B league? I would love to see the relegation, promotion set-up in shetland football but i cant ever see it happening due to lack of players! Then it would show if these so called ''good'' cosmos players would be able to stay in a better league if promoted from the works league!

peace out!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its unfair to say the works league is ''rubbish''

iso to say its unfair them participating because they are ''too good'' is nonsense! peace out!

I'm not sure who said it is "rubbish", also I didn't say it was "unfair", I said I felt it was a shame for the league. There is absolutely nothing stopping the likes of cosmos playing who they want but I feel the league has moved on from what it was supposed to be about, and it is a pity.

Maybe it is a problem with the attitude of Shetland football, that some of the more talented players would rather create a team with their friends and win a 'less challenging' league, than push themselves against the best?

I think Mossbank did the right thing and tested themselves by entering the B league. Which was the entry rule at the time, made to encourage clubs with only one team to join the SFA competitions.

Had Mossbank won the league then as a single team club they would have been promoted as is the case if Unst or Yell were to win it.

Im not sure if Cosmo's will test themselves next season but they seem a capable team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...