Shetland Football 2011

Junior Baiano

Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?

• Spurs
    • Whalsay
    • Delting
    • Celtic
    • Whitedale
    • Ness
    • Thistle
    • Scalloway

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Ness !!

The only match I've gone to watch this year was the one tonight between Whalsay and Celtic. I can't understand how Celtic can possibly be top of the league. They were poor.

So your questioning Celtic's merit on being top of the league after only seeing 1 game this year??? I would say your comment is 'poor' ;)

Whalsay on their day are full of experienced players who could make any team in the league look poor and did so last night. However, Celtic are a team of inexperienced players who have come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 seasons. It won't be long before they win the league in my opinion and by all accounts can still win it yet.

:D I don't think 'bottling' it would be the correct word, yes they were well beaten last night against as strong a team as Whalsay have put out all season. Celtic still have a lot of 'boys' playing for them which is no disrespect to them as they have played some great football throughout the season.

They could still win it yet and I think they have the County Shield final next week against another strong/young side in Whitedale.

Whalsay are the team to beat at the end of the day and I think Celtic and Lerwick Rangers have to be applauded for the way they are bringing a good standard of player into senior football(by god its well needed) over the past couple of seasons.

I have no doubt that if they can keep the same batch of players together and maybe sign a couple of 'old heads' they could go on to be the next dominate team in Shetland football. I think its actually hard to argue against that. Delting are nowhere at the moment, Spurs just seem to be Spurs, really good individual players but find it difficult to come together as a team. Whitedale.....difficult, they have great strength in their team and some good young boys coming through but seem to lack a bit of consistency. Whalsay, as I said before, the team to beat now and over the past few year but I can see the tide turning. Everyone else probably just not good enough and thats being realistic in my opinion!

Anyone else have any thoughts?