Spoots...

scooper

come to the mid yell boating club this friday. spoot scallop and mussle supper fae 6pm eat in or takeaway.

Brings back fond memories, da mair beer you drank da better da spoots taested and da mair you aet ! :D

..an it wis aye da spoots dat got da blame if onybody wisna weel efterwards..

Hi

I am interested in catching a few Razor Clams... Could someone ... help me with which beach would be the best to find them.. I stay in Scalloway..

Cheers

(*** Mod edit - threads merged ***)

Getting kinda late in da year noo for spoots and skeptins, no makin big enoch tides noo dat wir intae summer. Spoots nearly onywhar unless Da Ness. Probably need tae head tae Vatster in Yell for skeptins.

hi it looks like your last chance for a low enough tide is....wed 18th at about 6 am and 50ish mins the day after this month, but if the wind is right and the barometric pressure is high maybe sun .mon . tues at 16:00 . 16:47. and 17:32 respectively :D and pop into the L.P.A near the bressay ferry and pick up a tide table booklet anything at .03 and under is good enough (depending on wind direction and air pressure) the beach before the yell ferry is as good as any and there is (or was) a sand bar between tresta and bixter at the spring ebbs ...just dont cook too long .....good hunting :wink:

• 2 months later...

I am not well experienced, but I remember the following favoured technique. Walk backwards over the sandy ebb armed with spade and receptacle. The process of walking over them will cause the spoots to squirt upwards from under the sand. Look for the holes which are created. Dig wherever a spoot has so indicated its location.