Shetland News Website

mitzy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have moved to an 'el-cheapo' server in the USA, and the most likely cause of your display problem is that the download speed is so poor that your browser is not receiving all the page formatting information, from the USA server, so can't display stuff as it should really look.

Before they moved, they were using a high-end UK server, in Leeds, which never had any such difficulties, even at the busiest times of day.

Buy cheap, and use a server thousands of miles away, and that is what you get........ problems.

I'm still on the fence, but I think once I get used to the new site I'll like it better than the old one. Things maybe don't seem so easy to find, but I'm writing that off as unfamiliarity still at this stage.

The old one was far too cluttered, and looked kinda gash to put it bluntly. This one is far roomier and more of a professional image. The old was screaming out for change, whether the changes that have been made are the right ones, wella, ask me this time next week. :wink:

Is anyone having problems with the new website. Everything on my screen is down one side and when I click on a news story it goes back to the top - looses other stories.

Help if anyone can.

Download internet explorer 9. Whoever designed the site didn't check the cross browser compatability. The site doesn't work in explorer 6 or 7.

I think I preferred the old design. The new one may look nicer, but the old one was quite simple to see what day stories had been added, what was new and what you had already read.

Also the new site is too wide for most netbook resolutions.

I wonder what the theory behind moving to a completely new address is. They could have moved the old address over as well. Not great for seo.