Shetland News Website

mitzy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for that. If somebody added a bird to the opposite side would that be considered a new design?

A good question, crofter, and the answer is a resounding, 'No, it would not!' In fact you would be very much considered as 'passing off' - a legal term that is worth looking up, and a form of copyright infringement.

Without going into details, I own the copyright of the masthead currently being displayed at www.shetland-news.co.uk (holding your mouse over it should actually show that).

The phrase 'Great is the Truth and it will Prevail' has been part of The Shetland News masthead (in its various forms), since at least 1900 (I have a copy of a 1900 masthead with the slogan/motto on it, below the name).

Why is there not a link on shetlink for the new shetnews site? They seem to be back to their high standards of site again . Quite a good article on Mareel with photos too! pete must live dangerously.

Hmmm, I guess our standards are different in that case.

As an example, I wouldn't be at all happy if I was an advertiser on the front page (the most expensive place to advertise)and much of the time my advert was hidden by a story and picture sitting on top of it, obscuring the advert from view...

And that happens most days, and then it usually takes them hours to fix it......

Why is there not a link on shetlink for the new shetnews site? They seem to be back to their high standards of site again . Quite a good article on Mareel with photos too! pete must live dangerously.

We need to update the front page. This will happen once the appropriate people get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it just me, ur is dir new wabsite gotten a waek swarf....

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.shetnews.co.uk.

Been yun wye fur twa hoor it laest.

Technically 'vanished' from the net. I think they are getting a book to read up on how DNS works ? Currently the Domain is set to use a non-existent, or non-functioning, Name Server.