Shetland News Website

mitzy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's even worse and more cluttered than the Shetland News' new one... :(

And if I want to read The Scotsman or Press and Journal(which I don't) I'll go to their website. I hate seeing a Shetland website filled with sooth websites/news.

Bring back the good old Shetland News website I say.

:(

The old Shetland News website had a brand: it had a personality; a tone of voice. I guess that's what I bought into and why I stayed a subscriber to their newsletters etc.

I'm with Kavi on this, (not that i think it will happen BUT) bring back the old SN!

Thank you all for your comments.

In response to a specific question:-

I wonder how the Shetland Times will react?

http://www.linksandlaw.com/decisions-87.htm

Out of courtesy, I approached The Shetland Times before I used their news feed, and I have their written approval for what I am doing. I would very much rather work with people than against them, so everyone can benefit. Life is much more pleasant that way.

As things develop, and as the requirements show themselves, sections will be added and adjusted - the 'organic' way of growth suits Internet business well.

In the meantime, thank you all for your interest.

By the way, the website has been extensively tested in several versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera, along with a number of mobile browser devices and everything shows up OK when tried that way (even on my tiny Sony Ericsson Elm mobile). The adverts are simply pictures with links, and do not use any pop-ups or cookies, so enabling images should let most of you see the adverts where they correctly sit.