Council housing - right to buy

MrsDoyle

^ how many times do you need to be asked? It's not difficult.

what is it with picking on folk. if you should educate start your own spelling thread. trying to belittle them in public serves no purpose except to try to put them offa posting in case some annon tries to humiliate them. paul, just ignore the bore...but you have not started such thread so i think you do it just to intimidate, perhaps, cos i see no other reason, on this forum for all of all levels of skills.

^ WTF Does that even mean?^

And please capitalise the I, how many times do you need to be asked? It's not difficult.

But why should paulb capitalise if he does not want to?. Certainly there is no difficulty reading or understanding his messages written the way he chooses to write them.

• 2 months later...

I ended up having to buy my council house down south due to the tories jacking the rents up by so much. In the end it was cheaper to buy than rent. I didn't want to buy it, but I wasn't going to be shafted every month for the rent. I ended up selling the place after a couple of years and paying some of the discount back. We still walked away with £10,000 profit each, but neither of us could get a mortgage due to our crappy earnings.

I came up here hoping to buy a house, but spent my money on renting n the private sector. I couldn't find a job at first and it wasn't long until I ended up living in a Hoofields chalet. I now live in an ex-druggies council house. The place is a hovel. It's coal fired, so freezing every night when I get home from work in winter. There is no shower and the SIC won't modernise it. I am still grateful for a roof over my head, but I would rather be able to buy or even rent somewhere decent. Would I buy my council house? No, but ethics have nothing to do with it.

As far as an ethical right to buy, of course you have one. Greedy Sheltie landlords here never worry about the ethics of turning out their winter tenants so that they can rent out their places to tourists at a fat profit throughout the summer.