Windows 7

Guest posiedon

Guest posiedon

I just ordered a new computer that will have windows 7 pre-installed, is anybody using it? Any problems? Should I un-install it and stick with XP?

Cheers.

I've been using it since Beta stage and can't reccomend it enough. Absolutely rock solid on all the machines I have it on, and lots of improvements which make things just more intuitive.

You can customise it to look and behave exactly like XP if you want, but I would reccomend spending some time getting used to the new features, they are well worth it.

Though there are some older pieces of hardware that won't work "out of the box", I have yet to find any that wont work in virtual XP mode.

^^ I've never know Firefox to cause anything but issues no matter what windows OS it's installed on, but hats another thread I know :lol:

Back to W7, I should also add, as that is how I use it probably 50% of the time, that if buying a new computer, you should really consider a touchscreen for a desktop, or Tablet instead of standard laptop. With native multi-touch support and many small but useful features (Aeroshake is incredibly useful) make it the best touch/tablet OS by miles.

^^

Native multi touch yes, but there are very few inbuilt apps that actually support it. There's a good few PC's that have crapware on that support such devils work though ;)

My laptop has given up the crappers (the GPU is busted and it displays everything polarised!) and I'm seriously considering just picking up an Eee Pad Transformer.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L500 laptop running Windows 7 32bit (came with w7 and xp pro incase w7 wasnt to our taste/use).

Never had any problems that either W7 or Toshiba's tempro software hasn't offered a solution for, which is usually just windows updates and new hardware drivers. :)