party election posters

mhutch

Reading there somebodys a bit miffed about Labour party signs , apart from the obligatory rose tinted views , what do folk make a yun ? maybe all partys ought to be hanging thier heads n shuffling sand wi thier feet and putting up less garish nonsense ?

Damned free publicity for a guy that, if history learns us anything, is going to lose with knobs on because of the party colours he's standing under. I suppose it could be said he needs all the help he can get, regardless of how he comes by it.

Storm in a tea cup anyway, sticking up posters ower da tap o' rivals eens, or just rivin dem doon and pittin dir ain up is always been fair geym.

Ban da lot o' it. Dir banned immense it does nae faut, bannin da sicht an soond o' politicians, an aa dat foillows dem, wid do immense a gud ta aabodys blud pressir. Turkeys dunna vot fur Yule tho.

Those election posters are an eyesore(particularly in a place like Shetland) and should be banned.

And, they don't make the slightest bit of difference anyway because folk will have either already decided, or will make their own minds up, on who they are voting for.

I've also noticed that these political parties are good at putting them up but not so good at taking them down(i.e cleaning up after themselves).

The fact that some people are pleepsing because some posters which should never have been erected in the first place have been taken down/removed is pathetic.

In N.Ireland there seems to be plastic style electioneering boards put up with cable ties which i assume come down after the election. I do hope they are not plastering that horrible old style hellery all over things that take ages to disintegrate at home ?

I tend to agree they have zero impact on people's choices, but they do help to remind us that we have choices and that we ought to get out and vote. People in other parts of the world are dying for the right to have political parties and put up posters. Banning them (or taking them down) is surely not the way to go.

They're not illegal either in Conservation Areas or anywhere else (provided they're taken down after the election).

The real choice appears to be the big three and "scottish nose pickers" who are all very inclined to be "all stick and no carrot" , so why have the whole place plastered in guffaw that looks worse as graffiti as it erodes over many months. Surely across the whole of europe theres more than ample media pumping out disinformation campaigns (polititical bullpoop)

Is it even legal to display such things in a conservation area?. If a certain red T has to go how can election adverts be allowed?.

If it was me JustMe. I would make them all party election posters illegal.

If you are so stupid! that you need a poster to make your mind up. Then you should be band from voting.. On the grounds that you are a half-wit. And half-wits have enough representation most seem to become members of parliament.

I thought that the Council had maybe removed them as they are now building a new bus stop in that area.

The magnificent camera which is next to the bus stop of which there was a lot of controversy about is also being removed again!!!

• 2 weeks later...

To the IDIOT who placed a Vote (Scottish?) Labour party poster on a ROAD SIGN indicating bend ahead, do you really think we are going to vote for you if you have such blatant disregard to road safety? I've been a miserable stickler and reported it to the SIC.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to deface it or place another candidate's poster over the top of it.

I was inclined to make my own Vote for Billy Fox one and stick it underneath but decided I had the sense not to distract drivers from the road sign. That said, a lamp post isn't far away.

:lol: