Who are you voting for in the Scottish Elections ?

SHETLAND1

Who?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Lib Dems
    • Labour
    • Conservative
    • SNP
    • Billy Fox

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about voting for the fox in da hen hoose, but I listened tae da hustings debate last night and was disappointed that education and school closures did not come up so I am unsure of his stance on these issues.

You can ask him what his stance is on this issue. His contact details, including email, are on his website

I also listened to the hustings programme last night but it left me even more depressed.

The best question/point of the night came from Vic Thomas who said that voting for anybody in this election was a waste of time because everything is decided and dictated to us by Europe and as things stand we're powerless to stop it.

Sadly, the candidates(incl Billy Fox) basically agreed with this and for me it was a kind of ""well, there you have it so what's the point of voting......" moment.

In fact I thought there were some reasonable points made about the enthusiasm the UK implements EU "rules" compared with many other members who seem to use a bit more sense when deciding what those rules actually mean. And may I remind you all that we also have elections where we can vote for who to send to the EU.

According to this blog these are the odds being offered by bookmaker Victor Chandler

http://scottish-independence.blogspot.com/2011/04/could-tavish-scott-really-lose-shetland.html

Tavish Scott - Lib Dems 1/25 (VC)

Billy Fox - Independent 6/4 (VC)

Jean Urquhart - SNP 12/1 (PP, VC)

Sandy Cross - Conservative 80/1 (PP)

Jamie Kerr - Labour 100/1 (PP, VC)

The SNP once again show how out of touch they are with Shetland by submitting letters in their frenzied "expecting to win the election" state to the Shetland media saying how wonderful their non-present Shetland candidate is and urging one and all in Shetland to vote for her.

After the way they've treated Shetland over this past parliament do they really expect wis to then vote for them?.

Oh dear, oh dear..... :(

Guest Anonymous

unfortunately Kavi the islands have been infiltrated by a by a fair few scoty nazionalists. And if not enough lib dems make the switch to billy then the barstewards may just win and that would be a disaster for Shetland.