Scallaway Museum

Kavi Ugl

But is it Scallaway as you typed it or Scalloway? I'm not sure where I live anymore :lol:

Hmm, well I like Skallawaa but prefer Skálavágr..... :wink:

There's a thought - will the new "Scalloway" museum have a piece about, and showing, the original name and what it means?.

It would look brilliant if dye profile had "Skálavágr" as dye location :D

there you go Kavi Ugi, put a smile on your day :lol:

Yayy!. Three cheers for Longdog!. Now then, I want everybody else to do the same.

Take your location name and look up the old/original name and put that as your location.

It's just for a peerie bit of fun and I'll do mine too.

:lol: :D

Not sure how I forgot about this but I visited the new Scalloway Museum during the Tall Ships and was very pleased by what I saw.

Until I reached the Shetland Bus section and noticed that they have spelt the name of Leif Larsson wrong. They have spelt it as Lief Larsson not even just once but I saw it at least twice on the one plaque!.

This is very shoddy and an insult to his memory. Did nobody notice?. If anybody from the Scalloway Museum sees my post I hope you will rectify this asap.

As it should be...

http://shetlopedia.com/Shetland_Bus

Yes it had been noticed and will be corrected.

• 2 months later...

I remember there was some sort of project from the SJHS and there wasn't much stuff to do there; all there was was two tables with a computer on each table in this big room. When my family went there, my sister had a tantrum because she wasn't allowed to play a DVD in the computer!

I think it used to be some sort of knitwear warehouse.

• 2 months later...