Internet Radio

owre-weel

I have been given a gift of a stand alone radio which can play FM, DAB(if it ever comes) and Internet.

The internet is crystal clear and there is a never ending selection of stations of all genres. (country aa day :lol: )

The radio connects wirelessly directly to my hub, therefore my laptop usage monitor dosn't record how much data I am using :(

Can anyone tell me if the radio is likely to use up much of my broadband allowance. I already use about 7-8gb of my 10gb allowance each month.

I have been given a gift of a stand alone radio which can play FM, DAB(if it ever comes) and Internet.

The internet is crystal clear and there is a never ending selection of stations of all genres. (country aa day :lol: )

The radio connects wirelessly directly to my hub, therefore my laptop usage monitor dosn't record how much data I am using :(

Can anyone tell me if the radio is likely to use up much of my broadband allowance. I already use about 7-8gb of my 10gb allowance each month.

1 GB will give approx 60 hours.

Depends what speed/quality of music you are streaming but if you are with BT it is easy to check on a daily basis. Our internet radio certainly gobbles up our 10Gb allowance and that is using it maybe 3 days in the week so looks as if you will go well over owre-weel...

1 GB will give approx 60 hours.

Thanks for your replies hairyian and stilldellin. I doot i will hae tae watch da usage carefully. I am with BT so I will be able to check my usage that way.

I'll just no hae tae faa asleep wee it on :lol: