phone advice

MJ

never been more insulted in my life, some wideboy just tried to flog me a Vivaz on a 24month contract! When I pointed out it was an outdated phone he then tried to flog me a iPhone 4! If it weren't for the fact I've been stung by Vodafone before...

Anyone know if T-mobile plan on bringing up a 3G cell?

Steer well clear of the Vivaz, 2 charge sockets and 2 screens later mine is heading for the bin

okay It's got to the stage where I'm stuck between the choice of UMA on Orange/Tmobile and 3G coverage on O2. Why doesn't O2 do UMA? Vodaripoff, true to form don't enable UMA on their handsets so they can screw even more money out of their customers for that sure signal thing.

so if other folks had to choose which would they go for UMA at home or 3G when out and about?

• 1 month later...

Get the latest samsung galaxy s2 phone with best features. The mobile has dual core processor. with 784 ram. that makes the works fast. samsung galaxy s2 has 8 mega pixel camera to get better picture just click the photos and upload it directly to the social networking sites.Even you get the best video recording to with 10-15fps.

(*** mod - link to sales site removed ***)

If you're looking for the desire S or the galaxy s on a vodafone contract look at the talkmobile deal. 24 months, 300 mins, unlimited texts, 1gb data for 18 pounds a month, free phone and no redemptions. Talkmobile use the vodafone network.

Or do what I did, use the talkmobile deal as a lever with vodafone to get a better upgrade deal - I ended up with the galaxy s and am very happy with it - the gingerbread update seems to have sorted the couple of niggles that plagued the early phones.

Yes I'd like the galaxy s2, but I won't pay any more than 20 pounds a month for the contract including the phone and data.

And as above, latest Swype beta is excellent, much better than the original version.

We've also got a Sony Ericsson Experia X10, only thing that's saving it from Ebay is a decent custom 2.2 rom, 2.3 available shortly but the poor touchscreen really relegates the X10 to the 'what were they thinking of' group.

As a p.s. to the above - I've had android phones for three years now, unlocked, rooted and installed custom roms on probably 20 phones. I've downloaded dozens, possibly hundreds, of excellent apps, never had anything malicious or anything with a virus.

I've also never paid for an android app, all the 'must have's' are free.

As for Nokia's symbian - after our 5530's and X6's, although they were decent phones, the apps were very, very limited and Nokia's PC sync software was a nightmare, I'd never touch another Nokia.

Excellent helpful and modding communities for Android on the Modaco and XDA forums.