Deportation of Sakchai Makao

DavieG

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have written again to Dr John in London to suggest he take some valuable time out to read the posts on this particular thread so please keep them coming and I will do my best to keep you posted re any developments.

Dont feel you have to be too kind to him. He's big enough and tough enough..........Make him wish he had stayed put as Foreign Secretary where the job of handling the mess that Blair and Bush have made of Iraq will seem minor by comparison.

Once again he can be contacted at reidj@parliament.uk

Thanks again for all the support everyone.

Just to let you know Davie et al, behind the scenes at shetlink an attempt is being made at integrating an e-petition module for this, but so far it is refusing to co-operate with the site software. Hopefully it'll come good, but no guarantees.

(No credit to me on this, it's way beyond my techy knowledge, just letting you know we are trying) :wink:

We were debating whether to contact the 'powers that be' about the opinions voiced here and are glad you have taken the bull by the horns on this matter too Davie.

No-one should ever become a political pawn, especially not for PR statistics, which is all this appears to be. Disgraceful. Let the government be reminded that they are there to serve us, not use us.

I don‘t know Sakchai myself, but it seems clear that “the system†has failed here, and with horrific consequences. How on earth can we expect a generation of young people (or old people :wink: ) to have respect for the systems of justice and government, if that system “behaves†as badly as this? People will never have faith in a system which bullies vulnerable people, or acts in a "shoot first ask questions later" manner.

Whoever is responsible for this disgusting balls-up will, I hope, face serious consequences for their actions. In any case, I reckon at the end of the day that this is some serious rotten egg on someone’s face.

I hope Sakchai is is returned home immediately. All the best to you lad, hope to celebrate your return soon.

Just like to say thanks for all the support so far its much appriceated. A few of his mates are going to organise a petition today and we were just wandering if their was anyone who would like to help us to get in contact on 07796324311.

I'd also like to thank davie for all he's done for satch we wouldn'a be this far without him

Me and satch have been pals for a very long time, when i heard about this, it makes me so angry.

Me and Stephanie have had baby girl named Aaliyah and sakchai hasn't even met her yet, its so unfair. Shetland won't be the same without satch!

I'd like to thank everyone for your replys and keep them coming !!!!!

Lots of love and support

Raymie,Stephanie and Aaliyah xxx

Davie

Full marks for the speed with which you have organised a defence. Can I just say how ashamed I feel to live in a country which has so little regard for human rights. I know Sakchai personally and have always liked him. My sympathies go to his family in London Keep up the fight

Could not believe this when Richie told me about this yesterday, and basically i'm still struggling with it.

Shocked, frustrated and angry are three words

that spring to mind, others would not be broadcastable

to the general public I fear, suffice to say it is an outrage.

We have known Sakchai for a long time now, it would genuinely be hard to meet a nicer guy.

As i've said its difficult to meet a nicer guy, also a guy who

is clearly a part of this community, i'm echoing previous posts but the guy has been an integral part of life in Shetland amongst a number of things in his employment with the SRT and also representing Shetland countless times

with his athletics etc.

His treatment has been shambolic and by the sounds of it nothing short of barbaric, I keep using the word outrage but that is what it is.

Massive credit to Davie for his hard work and support, I can't begin to imagine how Sakchai feels at the moment but would hope that the messages will eventually reach him, important that he knows everybody is behind him and thinking of him.

Davie, I have already told Richie but if there is anything we can do to help let us know, other than that just want Sakchai to know we are all thinking of him and hope to see him really soon.

Adrian and Sarah Henry.

Hi again everybody and thanks for the offer of an on line petition Shetlink let us know how that goes.

In the meantime this website is proving invaluable both for keeping everyone up to date and letting Sakchai's family know of the support that out there. They are completely overwhelmed by this so keep it coming. As I say I have advised Dr Reids office to read this thread as it will mean so much more than just a signature petition if they choose to do so.

We are getting offers of support from all over the country which is fantastic and now John Cumming in Orkney is kicking things off there. So if you are down in Orkney why not get in touch with John and co-ordinate things through him.

In the meantime we are now branding this campaign 'Send Back Sakchai' so I would ask that anything you want to do i.e. posters etc be done under this heading so as to keep the profile constant.

I have been in touch with Strathclyde Police in Govan this morning and they have confirmed he is there and well but are allowing no access to him whatsoever by either family and friends and he is not allowed a phone. The only contact with him can be via a lawyer and this will hopefully be taken care of this morning.

I believe this is a total violation of human rights by both the police and the immigration service and have infomred them that 'our' lawyer will be looking into this as a matter of urgency with a view to posible legal action in this respect. At least we hope to get this draconian mesure recinded as soon as possible. He is breating treated worse than any common criminal in my opinion and this cannot be allowed to continue even in the short term.

Although you cannot speak to him why not get in touch with Strathclyde Police at Govan police station to register your disgust at this. Their central number is 0141-885-9400 and simply ask for the front desk at Govan Police station. They may tell you he has been moved but do not be put off by such s***.

Anyway will keep you up to date with how things develop and keep using this site to show support. It means so much to everyone I can assure you.

Thanks Shetland and everyone beyond........

We were debating whether to contact the 'powers that be' about the opinions voiced here and are glad you have taken the bull by the horns on this matter too Davie.

Great guys please do so - everything will help that's for sure. Well done again for this you are becoming invaluable and indespensible. Thanks for all the hard work

How about a demonstration in the town centre? it's sure to get the media coverage.

The goverment have acted fast to get sakchai out of the country. We need to be on the ball and act as fast as they are in making a protest.

The more folk on our side the better the chances of sakchai's release.

WOOPS!!

And i would like to withdraw my comments made earlier about the shetland police didn't quite know the fact's. Hope they are behind us.