Shetland Library

shetlander2011

Dear shetland2011,

it is unfortunate that you were unable to access your sites immediately, however, it's a shame that you decided to publicly debase a valuable service at a time of sweeping cuts, rather as ask staff for help at the time.

If you were attempting to connect to these websites through your own laptop, you will find that you can connect to both quite easily by changing a single setting on your laptop. If you do not wish to do this, the sites are also easily accessible through the Library's own free-to-use PCs.

Secondly, this minor inconvenience is no fault of the Shetland Library but happens because of the high level of security protection offered by the FREE Internet service provided by the Shetland Islands Council to residents and visitors to the Library, Islesburgh, Inter-Island ferries and other public areas.

If you would like read the literature displayed in the Library about your laptop settings, or ask the Library staff next time you are in, you will find that this issue can be resolved within a few seconds.

I hope this information is useful to you, and that your next visit to the Library is more satisfactory.

^^

Actually, I have plenty of things to do although I am now retired.

If your dad is receiving a pension, he hopefully would have contributed to it over his working life though the NHS deductions from his wages and the contributions made by the employers.

How is it that you have time to post here?

I am utterly disgusted by Shetland Library. They don't allow access to UHI student accounts from the main library in Lerwick and they also don't allow access to the UHI student association website.

These are things which will benefit local students!!!!

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you try and reserve your utter disgust and total SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! for things like world hunger, war and mass murder like most normal people do, as the library internet hardly warrants it.

Probable case of coddled & sheltered life syndrome is Dr Js diagnosis.

Hmmm, it is funny that you may think they kept all the money he and others paid to be used when he retires. On that basis with insurance if you write off your car you get paid oput. You are entitled to certain benefits dependant on contribution made. They are not saved. The money he paid in has already been used by others. But it is another tax. Folkl with less money tend to pay more tax proportinally. So a studend with a small income may spend quite a bit on tax.