Why does no one go to church??

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ Im sure just like in every other religion there are people who use it an as an excuse for wrong doings , I too spent several years with someone who could recite passages from the bible at the drop of a hat and claimed to be a Christian yet in this lifetime Ive still to personally come across anyone as evil.

^^^^ Im sure just like in every other religion there are people who use it an as an excuse for wrong doings , I too spent several years with someone who could recite passages from the bible at the drop of a hat and claimed to be a Christian yet in this lifetime Ive still to personally come across anyone as evil.

perhaps , theres a massive grey area in the middle and for clarity , its plain to see the pagan/wicca prey on that, n perhaps more folk praying might lift the standards a bit , not the spoken standards but the actual standards carried out. Example that springs to mind is giving for the pleasure of giving rather as giving for the chance to move in on rewards

You plainly have some personal issue attached to Wicca, as I do with Christianity so arguing the toss is futile. It's suffice to say there is good and bad in all we come across. I personally do believe the majority of Wiccans follow the ethical code known as the Rede which states "an it harm none, do what ye will" and the Law of Threefold Return, basically meaning anything negative you send out into the world you'll get back threefold. Unfortunatley because of the naure of religion its an open door for cranks/freaks, its easy when we've had a bad personal experiance to tarr everyone with the same brush though. I'm guilty of that too. anyway just to clarify, I am not a practicing Wiccan , I just find thier beliefs closest to my own , Ive always been very interested in aquireing knowledge and Wicca and Buddism have been the only two religions I've studied I can in anyway relate to. I looked at scientology once too , that was quite funny!

:lol:

You plainly have some personal issue attached to Wicca, as I do with Christianity so arguing the toss is futile. It's suffice to say there is good and bad in all we come across. I personally do believe the majority of Wiccans follow the ethical code known as the Rede which states "an it harm none, do what ye will" and the Law of Threefold Return, basically meaning anything negative you send out into the world you'll get back threefold. Unfortunatley because of the naure of religion its an open door for cranks/freaks, its easy when we've had a bad personal experiance to tarr everyone with the same brush though. I'm guilty of that too. anyway just to clarify, I am not a practicing Wiccan , I just find thier beliefs closest to my own , Ive always been very interested in aquireing knowledge and Wicca and Buddism have been the only two religions I've studied I can in anyway relate to. I looked at scientology once too , that was quite funny!

three fold revenge is no a religion , thats as bad as stoning folk in saudi , na you will need to try harder wi me. Bein a pretty shabby Christian am only into a little revenge occaisionally , but will definately be comitted to see fair play in the long run

Because a deity does not exist.

In spite of which, you use some kind of Cross as your avatar :twisted:

Why should a cross only apply to (presumably Christian) religion? It is one of the most basic marks a person can make, has a specific meaning in mathematics, and has been appropriated by one of the major world religions. It doesn't just stand as a religious symbol.

BTW, my avatar comes from the Arisdale crash site.

three fold revenge is no a religion , thats as bad as stoning folk in saudi , na you will need to try harder wi me. Bein a pretty shabby Christian am only into a little revenge occaisionally , but will definately be comitted to see fair play in the long run

Its not about revenge! its about knowing that any bad you do will come back to you 3 fold, so dont do it! See when things get twisted is it any wonder people get the wrong impression.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I go to church because i want to have a close relationship to God and I am comfortable doing it. But these past few days, i forgot to go and worship. Because there's a lot of things for me to do. But it doesn't mean that I'm not that close to him. It depends on how will you communicate with him. I hope it helps you.

I am a nihilist but my girlfriend is a christian, I've known buddhists and people of various other religious beliefs. Does it really matter what you are as long as you are comfortable with your own beliefs?

It seems to matter hugely to some faiths. I will pick out Catholics and Jews as being two of the more obvious. The catholic church would rather that vast swathes of their followers die through aids than Risk halting a birth by using a condom. It can't be for any reason other than to have more catholics on the planet than any other religion. Best not mention the Jews as it would be seen as anti-semitism

I am a nihilist but my girlfriend is a christian, I've known buddhists and people of various other religious beliefs. Does it really matter what you are as long as you are comfortable with your own beliefs?

You're right - what you are doesn't matter - I've gone from being an evangelical atheist to taking the view of 'whatever gets you through the night..." mostly because I'm older, wiser and less nclined to give a toss.

What does matter is what you do.

I couldn't care less if someone believes that there's a magic teapot full of leprechaurns on the dark side of the moon. I would take issue with them though if they wanted it taught as literal truth in schools and believed that the little fellas were speaking to them in their dreams and telling them to carry out infant genital mutilation, to annex the West Bank or to raise a crusade and march on Jerusalem.