Jacket Theft @ Clickimin Sports Centre

Scarf

Really dissapointed to hear that one of our guests had a jacket stolen from the Clickimin Sports Centre today. He hung it up in the changing room to visit the toilet and when he came out it was gone. He maintains it was his own fault for leaving it for all of 2 minutes, but this is Shetland! Surely we are better than this up here?

If anyone hears of an expensive green waterproof jacket suddenly appearing then please get in touch.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CyprusPluto
own fault for leaving it for all of 2 minutes, but this is Shetland! Surely we are better than this up here?

Well said. I came here from Manchester 2 years ago and it's the low crime and the feeling of safety that I rave about all the time.

Come on Shetlanders, let's show we won't accept this and get this guy his coat back. A coat today, a camera tomorrow, a car next week. Let's start to stop it now!

Soap box over :lol:

Guest SJP17
lots of addicts about. ask the staff to check cctv.

Your assuming this was an addict , however i think you'll find this is probably more likely to be someone that was using the leisure facility , eyeballed the jacket, liked the look of it and stuck it in thier bag ,

Its easy to blame everything on drug addicts and people with other addictions but there is also people who steal or pinch just to aquire something rather than buying it , i suppose thier addiction may be stealing, so in one sense your correct in your statement.

Seems to be your answer to any theft paulb. I only clicked on this topic because I somehow imagined that it would be your answer. Am I a clairvoiyant...no. Are you narrow-minded & judgemental...? Where I live users of illicit substances are very rarely found in Sports Centres, they have different interests. I would think that it was maybe some teenager doing it for a dare. Quite a common practise among teenagers to show how much of a badass they are amongst their peers. I remember a certain member of Shetlands society being dared to shoplift a box of chocolates from JJ Taylors when I was that age. The poor lad got caught & burst into tears ( quite embarrasing in front of your 13-14 year old mates ). I think most of us did something similar to impress our peers at that age. We didn't want to but acceptance is very important to teenagers.

If it did happen to be a drug addict wouldn't it be better for them to be prescribed the substance that they are addicted to ? Then there would be no incidence of theft in the isles again, going by what your views appear to be.

Seems to be your answer to any theft paulb. I only clicked on this topic because I somehow imagined that it would be your answer. Am I a clairvoiyant...no. Are you narrow-minded & judgemental...? Where I live users of illicit substances are very rarely found in Sports Centres, they have different interests. I would think that it was maybe some teenager doing it for a dare. Quite a common practise among teenagers to show how much of a badass they are amongst their peers. I remember a certain member of Shetlands society being dared to shoplift a box of chocolates from JJ Taylors when I was that age. The poor lad got caught & burst into tears ( quite embarrasing in front of your 13-14 year old mates ). I think most of us did something similar to impress our peers at that age. We didn't want to but acceptance is very important to teenagers.

If it did happen to be a drug addict wouldn't it be better for them to be prescribed the substance that they are addicted to ? Then there would be no incidence of theft in the isles again, going by what your views appear to be.

I suggest you have a look through a few editions of the shetland times. half of the theft stories are tied in with drugs. If you don't think addicts steal then your the one who is not being real. unlike yourself they have to fund their addiction.

It could well be kids messing about but it does not require a thief to be taking part in sports to get in there. the place is open and they will chance there luck.

I am hoping your joking. If it was nicked you would get nowt back. Having been brought up in a place that if it was not locked and secured it would not be there. It is sad that times have changed. But we can't make it easy for them. would you leave your keys in the car in say glasgow. I insist on having the house locked up tight before going to bed. even though we are pretty sure that we are very safe. but saying that a neighbour had their freezer raided last year so you don't have to be in town for thieves to be about.