Everybody's favourite garden plants.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see some have success in their gardens. Me, well I find at least half of what I try dies or fails to thrive, and what does survive then often turns out to be horribly invasive. Trial and error, and shear bloodymindedness keeps me going....That and a steady flow of free plants from momo's bountiful garden :lol: Just recently I've started looking to introduce more native species as we have some really nice ones and they will surely do well.

Living at the top of the Staneyhill, very exposed - its been a bit of trial and error over the years but now garden more established. On saying that I lost my lupins this winter which had been growing for a few years. Managed to buy local lupins from a car boot sale in Whiteness and they have come up super. Fingers crossed. Paeonies have been a downfall can never get them to flower. This year foxgloves and Poppies have been especially good and I can see the Hollyhocks are also going to be okay provided a gale does not blast them.I have a blog Ellies Shetland Garden for anyone interested in following the efforts of my year.

Lots of lovely gardens all over Shetland. I was always told to check what was growing in other gardens in your area and it will grow in yours.

Hi Stilldellin, I'm loving your low growing garden which i sort of didnt consider cos i thought it would lack a 3rd dimension (up), but on seeing photos of your lovely one, it has given me inspiration. Thanks for your piccies!

Glad you like the gardening lindaw but maybe best I come clean and admit I just do the delling and planting ! :wink: Will maybe post another pic next sunny day if we get one !

that is a nice garden, do you grow various types of Thyme? I like the lemon thyme myself, great with fish or chicken.