Google+

MJ

Err... well it's bound to be short of members since they're only accepting signups in batches.

Personally I think it's miles better than the spam festival that is FaecesBook.

The ability to save all your data locally is a nice feature.

But sign up seems to be down the viral root, ie I could spam all my email contacts with invites, if I hadn't been caught out in the past with FB

It's how they did it with GMail originally too. They'll open general signups soon I imagine.

No requirement to sort circles out up-front; they're pretty flexible. Start by posting to 'Everyone' and, if you get something that's relevant only to a couple of folks, put them in a circle just for that.

I get the impression that these so-called circles are designed to grow organically, rather than require a large investment of time for the user.

• 2 months later...

If like me you have google as your home page you may have noticed the little arrow.

Google+ is now open to all. Maybe it might get a little more lively. if you have a google account already (inc. youtube, gmail, analytics etc) no need to do any complicated sign up.