Sea Shepherd in Shetland

Mattie

Dis wid sort alot o trouble tae alot o folk, why no get da faeroese men doon tae scotland DURNESS whar yun 30 odd pilot whales are strandit. Cull da lot get da meat fae dem. Mr watson n his gang hed hame we dir boat( if day manage tae pay aff da bond). It wid save fuel fir da ECO warriors plus alot o misery fir dem. Really if anybody has watched dir programs it's a windder dat day get dir boat fae A tae B. Very poor seamanship on how tings are done. bit it macks good entertanment value, just tae see wid a bunch o clowns u can get on a boat!!!

Great gig last night by the Levellers.

Showing full support for Sea Shepherd.

Even dedicating a song to them!

Currently the Steve Irwin Boat is moored next to the Bressay Fish Factory. Obviously a piss take by the Lerwick Port Authority..

Anyway,

Shetlanders to get rid of the boat Steve Irwin donate here!http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/2011/07/19/emergency-sos-from-captain-paul-watson-save-our-ship-1263

If that's true then I'm deeply saddened by it. The Levellers probably know less about Faroese history and culture than any other of their critics.

Nevertheless, perhaps today is not a day for bickering after what's just happened in Norway.... :(

got to laugh at this situation.. It just goes to prove that they are nothing but an international joke... I fully understand what the are trying to do and i'm all for it, but not by the means they go about doing it... If they are willing to break the law and get a lawsuit against them, they surely show little respect for law. So why they don't grow a pair & man up and just let go off the berth and head out the north entrance in the late evening and whatever happens, happens.... rather than scrouge around asking for donations to help them.

They might like their ship and don't want it taken off them or not go to prison, either way their campaign stops. Similar to those who think they should drive as fast as they like but slow down for speed cameras.

The letters in ShetNews are interesting, a video too, music is a little dramatic but they are trying to prove a point. You can see that not all the animals die instantly, hence the volume of blood. As the letters state, a stab to the heart or massive brain injury will cause near instant death.

Guest Anonymous
If they are willing to break the law and get a lawsuit against them, they surely show little respect for law. So why they don't grow a pair & man up and just let go off the berth and head out the north entrance in the late evening and whatever happens, happens.... rather than scrouge around asking for donations to help them.

Dinna think they'd get too far wi HMS Mersey sitting opposite.

And a 20mm, Rapid fire canon wid open up da ald Westra hull like a can o tuna!... Hmm, Now that wid be ironic!

^^ Any lass that's been suckered in to crew that boat doesn't have a brain I want to play with, even if she is the hottest chic that ever walked. Maybe fine for trophy hunters, but for some of us engaging the brain means as much as looks. Fanaticism is highly unattractive.

I really dont think it appropriate to insult someone you dont know and have never met just because they have different opinions from you. Perhaps a clue to the reason why you prefer brains over looks could be found in your Shetlink User name??

^^ Any lass that's been suckered in to crew that boat doesn't have a brain I want to play with, even if she is the hottest chic that ever walked. Maybe fine for trophy hunters, but for some of us engaging the brain means as much as looks. Fanaticism is highly unattractive.

I really dont think it appropriate to insult someone you dont know and have never met just because they have different opinions from you.

No insult was intended, and I fail to see where I made one??. I was simply trying to say that any girl who has been "persuaded" to crew that boat has nothing in the slightest in common with me, we simply would no get along on any level, whatever else she had going for her.

Perhaps a clue to the reason why you prefer brains over looks could be found in your Shetlink User name??

????....Sorry, but you've lost me on this one.

In any case, I didn't say I preferred brains over looks, I said brains were equally important to looks. The whole package has to work, on both physical and mental attraction levels, or nothing is going to get very far.

• 2 weeks later...