Wristbands for Tall Ships Concerts

staffy

Went to exchange my tickets for wristbands for this weekends concerts.

Was just handed them and told to put them on before the concerts.

Surely they should have been put on myself and the 2nd ticket holder.

Whats to say the other person was over 18 or to stop me selling or passing on to someone not 18.

Thought it was worth mentioning with so many folk being about.

Guest posiedon

I collected two tickets today that I booked online a couple of weeks ago for the fiddle frenzy at Aith hall.

One concession (for me) and one normal price for my wife, I was just given the tickets, no questions asked.

Maybe Shetland folk are too trustworthy.

According to their advertisment in the Shetland Times..

"Tickets must be presented with valid proof of age.."

My partner collected our wristbands. No proof of age asked. Let alone confirmation of our address..etc!

they did check to see if they were adult or concession tickets so you couldn't get away with buying concession tickets and getting an adult wristband...but you could upgrade the concession ticket to the adult one. but for four tickets i was not asked for any id whatsoever. just given four adult wristbands and told to put them on before concert with a little demonstration on how to put the wristband on!

MY GOD!!!!! The people moaning in this thread are the people who have got there tickets!!!! Why cant you get a grip and go and enjoy yourselves at least you have tickets, some people haven't been that lucky!!!!

Is it not open to under 18's anyway?????

I think the OP has a valid point. As far as I know the wristbands are normally supposed to have a dual purpose, a/prove you've paid to buy a ticket and b/ prove you're of legal age to drink.

The wristband issuer absolutely should be the person who affixes the wristband to the purchaser.

If you simply hand out wristbands for people to put on themselves then there's nothing to stop an under 18 y.o. getting a hold of an 18+ wristband.

In which case why go to the expense of having wristbands..?? 10,000 or so wristbands doesn't come cheap.

I don't think this one was thought through completely. It would have been as simple showing your ticket at the gate.