Alleged hacker arrested in Shetland

Sudden Stop

Probably why our connections have been so bad in the first place. All those DoS attacks soaking up our bandwidth... (>_

:P

I get the impression that Topiary was not a major player. Looks like he was a PR guy, running the Twitter feed, etc.

There seems to be some doubt that the person arrested is Topiary - he is supposed to be a 23 yr old from Sweden.

Very interesting, I'll be keeping my eye going on this story.

The Westboro baptist church are just hate-mongerers. Bigots in the extreme, they deserve everything they get.

There seems to be some doubt that the person arrested is Topiary - he is supposed to be a 23 yr old from Sweden.

Guardian in a previous article said 19 yr old called Daniel allegedly.

Ah the power of Facebook... arrest location is already up! Mods, keep an eye on this thread - no-one wants names and addresses on here.

Guardian in a previous article said 19 yr old called Daniel allegedly.

Ah the power of Facebook... arrest location is already up! Mods, keep an eye on this thread - no-one wants names and addresses on here.

:lol:

According to various websites he is supposed to be a 23 yr old from Sweden, and the name you posted matches.

I guess time will tell!

Just to mix threads a bit but does anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable when the English fuzz take someone from Shetland for questioning in London without a hearing in a Shetland or Scottish court. Or perhaps since they might not be legal here a Norwegian court if Mr. Hill has his way.

I found this all quite amusing considering the state of our inet connections up here :P

You are not alone:

techradar.com[/url]"]What's most surprising about this is that all the way up in the Shetland Islands he was able to obtain a fast enough internet connection to download a .jpg, let alone take a high profile position as a "hacktivist."

It is indeed a highly interesting development. I'm not generally into the "being proud" thing, but I think the association with Shetland is in no way an embarassment. Might even give the place some cyber kudos and help in some way. A shame the boy is now in heavy sharn of course.