Alleged hacker arrested in Shetland

Sudden Stop

Yanno.... Knowing what Shetland is like, I am having a hard time believing that the Met could send their stooges here to arrest some guy, and no-one saw it happening and knew a name for the guy they highed away.... When did they do it, at 5am on a weekday, its about the only hour curtains ain't twitching. Even then, they had to put him through Sumburgh, I've worked there in the past, Plods, even in their best attempt at mufti, and their captive stick out like a badly septic thumb.

Well believe it Ghostrider, they arrived at about 10 in the morning, were in all day and left at 6ish that evening - and you're right, the 'plods' did stick out like a badly septic thumb. The baggage trolley full of computers didn't help their case right enough! :lol:

Wherever the fellow came from I hope he has got good legal representation. He's been pulled by the Met. & is probably being interviewed by bigger boys than them, MI5, CIA. I certainly wouldn't like to be in his shoes. When it comes to playing with the big boys laws & regulations are often thrown out the window. For all we know he may now be in a foriegn state with electrodes hanging from his dangly bits!

Maybe a e-petition should be started " Free Topiary " not to be confused with any adverts in the classified ads.

Here's the official page for the metropolitan police

http://www.met.police.uk/pressbureau/Bur31/page01.htm

Jake Davis, 18, of Shetland was today charged with:

- Unauthorised access to a computer system, contrary to Section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act 1990;

- Encouraging / assisting offences, contrary to S46 of the Serious Crime Act 2007;

- Conspiracy with others to carry out a Distributed Denial of Service Attack on the website of the Serious and Organised Crime Agency contrary to S1 Criminal Law Act 1977;

- Conspiracy to commit offences of section 3 Computer Misuse Act 1990, contrary to S1 Criminal Law Act 1977;

- Conspiracy between the defendant and others to commit offences of section 3 Computer Misuse Act 1990 contrary to S1 Criminal Law Act 1977.

He will appear in custody at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court tomorrow, Monday 1 August.