Alleged hacker arrested in Shetland

Sudden Stop

I do not know why prison is always linked with anal sex .

Simple matter of supply and demand. You may have failed to notice that prisons are gender segregated institutions.

Still does not mean that going to prison means you will have that type of sex. The most important points are worth discussing.

The folk I have met who have been to prison did not experience it at all, nor propositioned.

Too ugly perhaps?

Too much TeeVee me thinks has influenced that comment.

I think you'll find it was influenced by 'a sense of humour' - try googling it :wink:

Or they didn't want to tell him about any such experience, if they had it? Embarrassment? Humiliation? That "if I don't admit it, it never happened" mindset all too common of victims of sexual harassment or abuse?

But then, it was prompted by humour (I got it!) and not, I'm sure, by any real belief that every prison is a hotbed of rampant homosexuality and male rape!!

(I can't help but feel the reference to saving him from waterboarding was a rather hysterical post - read it objectively and look at the video of the lad leaving Court, then try and tell me he was waterboarded by the CIA?! Or is likely to be so in future! If that was anywhere near the case, why not just go for an extraordinary rendition and bypass the legal shenanigans?)

"The most important points are worth discussing"? I read folk being light-hearted and silly all the time on here. It's how many folk cope with day to day life.

Sheesh, SP, I just posted on the Wills thread about how you appear to talk

down to folk sometimes and here you are apparently doing it again?!

:roll:

The aspect of the LulzSec hacking which I find most remarkable is how effective they have managed to be while using relatively primitive techniques. The idea that they were able to get material from NATO servers by SQL Injection absolutely beggars belief. The only mitigation NATO might claim is that SQL Injection is such an old and easy to prevent vulnerability, they perhaps thought nobody would seriously try it today. Being hacked by such simple techniques must surely be highly embarassing for those who were supposedly in charge of security.

The aspect of the LulzSec hacking which I find most remarkable is how effective they have managed to be while using relatively primitive techniques.

I would question if there really is that much skill involved. Gary McKinnon admitted to using known loopholes, and by the sounds of it these lot do similar in numbers. Cracking the latest Apple protection first is an achievement, this sort of thing, I'm not so sure.

He's moved on to book promotion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14380438

when hacking suspect Jake Davis was photographed holding Free Radicals: The secret anarchy of science. Davis's choice of reading material resulted in large pictures of its cover on page three of both the Times and the Independent.

The burst of free publicity helped the book climb 2,627 places up the Amazon bestseller list to 182 within 48 hours.

Michael Brooks, the author of Free Radicals, acknowledges that this is "the kind of publicity that you just couldn't buy".

i have sat and read the thread since it started and something keeps bugging me. The way people keep going on about oh scottish law how can they just take him to london ect ect... i think people saying this is forgetting the this is all part of an INTERNATIONAL investigation. If you break the law outwith your country then expect the higher forces to step in and by pass the local pc plod. If you going to break the law in other countries expect to have them wanting your ass for it.

no its not. he was subject to scottish law when he hacked or allegedly hacked the systems. if we just allow bigger more powerful countries to do what they want well we would be stuffed.

imagine if he was doing a con via the internet he would be subject to the law where he committed the act. it really does not matter where his victims are the law was broken in scotland not england the us or anywhere else.