Alleged hacker arrested in Shetland

Sudden Stop

I know of only 3 'anons' in Shetland. I have spoken to one of them today, the other is too old (obviously I'm the third).

Shows people CAN get away with things in Shetland for quite some time and still remain unknown! Fancy that.

I know of only 3 'anons' in Shetland. I have spoken to one of them today, the other is too old (obviously I'm the third).

Shows people CAN get away with things in Shetland for quite some time and still remain unknown! Fancy that.

No so "anon" now though.... Unless you're being tongue in cheek of course...

Bear in mind, brag was a good dog, but he got shot. :roll:

I make that two "anons", RachB of Scalloway/Whalsay. This is the second place I've seen you post this today.

I think it's safe to say if you're not actually a hacker using the term Anon for people who frequent certain websites is a bit pointless (something I've always thought).

In my eyes there are two type of Anonymous-

1. The people who take it seriously - hackers like Topiary.

2. People who support the movement, use the websites that allow you to be Anonymous, but actually think the whole 'Rule 1 & 2' BS is a bit pretentious.

The second type of Anon will happily join in conversations/offer ideas to others, but at the end of the day, very few Anons actually hack, They just use certain imageboards to see funny pictures of cats.

Anonymous spawned from imageboards, Anonymous, whatever their propaganda says, is basically a name so that their members can stir up trouble without being identified. As I have never caused trouble, I see no reason why I shouldn't have admitted that.

Anonymous, whatever their propaganda says, is basically a name so that their members can stir up trouble without being identified. As I have never caused trouble, I see no reason why I shouldn't have admitted that.

So, forgive my ignorance then, but does that mean you're calling yourself an "anon" to look cool on a public forum?

^ The anon's originally only existed on 4chan and 2chan (essentially the original Japanese version of 4chan). It's basically an image board, meaning most conversations start from someone posting an image and a comment. Since there's no user registration everyone is an 'anon'. Anonymous as a 'society' only really got going a few years ago when they demonstrated outside of Scientology buildings around the world. There's several splinter groups, LulzSec being one of them.

If this thing about it being a dupe is true, that's actually hilarious. I don't condone what they're doing, but at least they're having a bit of fun.

^^

I understand that. I just don't get her original post? If she isn't actually involved in the shall we say more "militant" part of operations, why hint you and 2 others are, when all they probably are up to is looking up manga at home?!!!

But I agree, fair play to them... Doubt they've got the right guy, but I hope the real gang haven't set him up deliberately... :/

If my understanding of these hackers intentions is correct then I quite like the cut of this young fellows gib.

They seem to be attacking global organisations who by one means or another effect the quality of our lives on a daily basis.

If that is the case then good on him. This country has far too few (h)activists instead an abundance of sheep that have been fed for too long on the Daily red-tops ideals provided by N.I.