Alleged hacker arrested in Shetland

Sudden Stop

I guess the reason he was hauled off to London is that it is a major enquiry. He was arrested by The Metropolitan Police police's Central e-Crime Unit and was charged with unauthorised computer access and conspiracy to carry out a distributed denial of service attack on the Serious Organised Crime Agency's website, a UK organisation.

Well, Anonymous & Lulzsec (the hacking groups he's alleged to be part of) hacked various companies IT systems, including Sony's PlayStation Network. That particular breach included the names, addresses and email addresses of customers, including the potential theft of their credit card details. Then there's the breach of the CIA's servers. When a British hacker broke into the FBI's computers a couple of years ago, he was eventually extradited to the U.S. to serve jail time there.

Guest SJP17

Could this be the subject matter for the next feature length film to be shot in the isles ?

Maybe the between weathers guy should get on to this for his film ?

They'll have to prove he did each of these, or was involved. They obviously feel they have enough for the charges in their release, but it doesn't follow that ALL actions of Anonymous or any other group will be held against him...

Obviously, yes. He can only be charged with actions he can be proven to have been involved with. That's the same for any criminal investigation. I suspect though, that he'll be facing some fairly lengthy jail time if tried and found guilty.

(Allegedly) Scalloway played no part, 'twas the wilds o' Yell. :shock:

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/1559-local-lad-charged-with-hacking-.html

Makes sense maybe, does Fetlar not have the fastest broadband in shetland? I am sure i remember reading about a project to provide superfast broadband to Fetlar, maybe he was hooked into that connection and thats how he could manage to conduct his business?