Thank you posties!

jaydee67

Can I say a public thank you to the postal staff who went more than the extra mile today to make sure that exam results were delivered on the right day. Fog stopped the important envelopes getting to Shetland yesterday and they were put on the boat instead. Our local posties in North Mainland went back to the sorting office and collected them mid-morning after they were collected from Lerwick in a special run and then they did a second delivery to make sure pupils didn't have to wait another anxious day. As far as I know this was repeated across Shetland. From a parent - thank you!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I say a public thank you to the postal staff who went more than the extra mile today to make sure that exam results were delivered on the right day. Fog stopped the important envelopes getting to Shetland yesterday and they were put on the boat instead. Our local posties in North Mainland went back to the sorting office and collected them mid-morning after they were collected from Lerwick in a special run and then they did a second delivery to make sure pupils didn't have to wait another anxious day. As far as I know this was repeated across Shetland. From a parent - thank you!

I thought a lot of exam results were sent by text these days? Did the posties do this additional service free or was it within their usual working hours? I can understand that some pupils will be applying to universities but it is hardly a matter of life and death to wait an additional day surely? (Or is patience no longer a virtue?)

I thought a lot of exam results were sent by text these days? Did the posties do this additional service free or was it within their usual working hours? I can understand that some pupils will be applying to universities but it is hardly a matter of life and death to wait an additional day surely? (Or is patience no longer a virtue?)

Would like to say well done to the posties as well. Results by text are good but there's nothing like opening a letter. Come on unlinkedstudent, lighten up a bit.

Would like to say well done to the posties as well. Results by text are good but there's nothing like opening a letter. Come on unlinkedstudent, lighten up a bit.

Why should I lighten up? Many people await important documents in the post. IF the posties did this free of charge then yes, well done; but if not then were they doing this out of the kindness of their hearts?

because they know how stressful it is for the students. we have to get our post from the sorting office but thanks to the post office for the extra effort.

not that the daughter did as well as she should have done.

Stressful? Oh come on, they are going to face far more stressful situations later on in life.

Why single out the posties for thanks? If people are going to thank the posties for doing their job, then what about all the administrative staff and others involved in the process too?

I think it is pretty clear that "posties" in this sense covers everyone involved in the process. Whether they were being paid a bit extra or not is irrelevant and nobody business, its a nice gesture which must have put a smile on many peoples faces or at least a sense of relief if not.

Sure, there are more stressful things ahead and some may have had more stressful times before, but for many at that age, its right up there!

[***Mod edit - content removed - play nice!***]

You obviously can't count, there's more than one 'n'.

Personally speaking (which obviously one isn't allowed to do if one has a different opinion or merely seeks clarification on a topic), I wouldn't stoop so low as to be so narrow-minded as to dislike someone just for holding a difference of opinion.

because they know how stressful it is for the students. we have to get our post from the sorting office but thanks to the post office for the extra effort.

not that the daughter did as well as she should have done.

Stressful? Oh come on, they are going to face far more stressful situations later on in life.

Why single out the posties for thanks? If people are going to thank the posties for doing their job, then what about all the administrative staff and others involved in the process too?

Agreed but at this stage of life exam results are the most stressfull times for the majority with all the pressure on them to do well to have a better future. Not exactly rocket science just a bit of appreciation for others!

Cheers