Matt Cardle

DavieG

I totally back last comment I too thought Matt Cardle's night was fantastic!

Shetland was was lucky to get Matt up here....yes on mainland tickets etc would be cheaper but you still need to get there first!!

I also thought it was well organised and as for the security guys they were just doing there job and a good jod as unfortunatly up here is not as as safe as we would like it to be!!

OK thats my rant over x

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only mentioned the price of the drinks to point out to those who were complaining it certainly wasn't overpriced and breaking the bank.

As i said, fantastic show, worth the money, what a voice!! hope all who goes tonight enjoy it too. Hopefully more acts will follow, its good that shetland is now attractive to artists whether music or comedy.

As an independant artist now he won't be allowed to use the "x factor" to promote himself nor legally be allowed to cover other artists songs like he did on the x factor (without some legal consent like lady gaga paparazzi) and will need to use his own material.

This is not at all how things work. The expert in this field is peeriebryan so he may perhaps clarify the exact situation with respect to performing cover versions live. My understanding is that there is absolutely no restriction on the performance of cover versions live. Song copyright owners can not restrict in any way, though recording and subsequent release of performances is strictly controlled. Payment for live performance is covered by the general agreements between performance societies and venues, just as with pub jukeboxes, radio play etc.

Don't really understand the whinging about the price - the costs involved in bringing these acts here must be really high.

I got the feeling that people were moaning about the cost in relation to the duration rather than absolutely. I don't see how the cost of playing for 45 mins is likely to be different to playing double that. Consequently the impression that Mr Cardle is a somewhat lazy artist is bound to be raised.

My gripe is not with the price at all, I think £20 is great for a night out, just the length of performance. Matt was fantastic and I'd happily pay to see him again tonight. I always support these gigs when they are on and will continue to do so.

Some people just love to take things out of context. Rant done

Over and out!

Well, I can honestly say Matt was brilliant as was support act Malachy Tallack but come on guys £20 for 50 minutes at most - what a rip off!!! Not pleased at all.......... Couldn't believe he lights came on at 9.20 and that was it OVER.

My gripe is not with the price at all, I think £20 is great for a night out, just the length of performance. Matt was fantastic and I'd happily pay to see him again tonight. I always support these gigs when they are on and will continue to do so.

Over and out!

Which one is it then?

I Don't think I took anything out of context. I just gave an honest opinion about what people expect to get for £20 and what the reality, especially in this case is.

Cheers

Well, I can honestly say Matt was brilliant as was support act Malachy Tallack but come on guys £20 for 50 minutes at most - what a rip off!!! Not pleased at all.......... Couldn't believe he lights came on at 9.20 and that was it OVER.

Over and out!

Which one is it then?

:lol: I think people get so caught up in ranting on here that they completely forget what they'written :lol:

I Don't think I took anything out of context. I just gave an honest opinion about what people expect to get for £20 and what the reality, especially in this case.

Cheers

As an independant artist now he won't be allowed to use the "x factor" to promote himself nor legally be allowed to cover other artists songs like he did on the x factor (without some legal consent like lady gaga paparazzi) and will need to use his own material.

As said, Bryan may have the answer but with the radio we pay the PRS a set fee per year and can play anything. We need to log what we have played but it is not used for sending royalties so to speak.

The sad thing about that is many of the local bands do not get paid from the PRS takings. Them seems to be the rules.