Whit'na boat wis yun...?

mogling

A couple of pelagic trawlers rounding Sumburgh Head this afternoon. The " Genesis II " and the " Felucca "  :-

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8279/10228094873_26a65e90d3_c.jpg

The " Scotia " this morning off the back of the slithers looking for their breakfast :-

I wis winderin what da muckle brut wis I wis seein bulwaaverin ower da Laawird aa day yistirday. Sudda recognised "Salmond's Navy" - upoa a spyin trip nae doot. Shurley wis tryin ta "geen green" an save upoa oil ta end up we, hindmist I wis awaar o' ir wis idda middle o' da eftirnun slidin awaa ta da nordert upoa da tide.

^ aka for peeps like me struggling:

"I was wondering what the large brute was I was seeing 'meandering aimlessly'(?) over the Laaward all day yesterday.  Should have recognised "Salmond's Navy" - on a spying trip no doubt.  Surely was trying to "go green" and save on oil to end up with, last I was aware of her was in the middle of the afternoon slipping away to the north on the tide.

Err I think.

Edited by unlinkedstudent

^ I think  " Salmond's Navy " is needin a pent job afore owre lang !

Rounding the " horn " of Sumburgh today with a bob or two's worth was this Scotchman heading for Lerwick. FR 249 " Forever Grateful "  :-

Today's pick among the shipping was the massive Normand Oceanic rounding Sumburgh Head :-

and also plenty fishing boats, among them the Western Viking and Western Chieftain :-

^ the Sans Vitesse's paint job is nothing new... are they expecting trouble?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HMS_Argus_(1917).jpg

I'd guess they've already had all the trouble they want....Lets hope her history isn't an omen of her immediate future.

September 13, 2013

Holland Shipyards’ sister yard Instalho has recently delivered the “Sans Vitesse†to her owner Chevalier Floatels. A remarkable project, all the more since the vessel used to function as a shelter for former drug addicts. Since then, the vessel has been transformed into a luxurious accommodation vessel for a complement of 90 persons in single cabins.

http://www.holland-shipyards.com/news/1/accommodation-barge-sans-vitesse-delivered-to-chevalier-floatels.html

^ Tocht the Sans Vitesse was looking rather resplendent today now that they have opened up the lower deck canon ports, which is more than I can say for what is lurking on her north side :-

In all weathers, The " Gerda Saele " rumbling her way round Sumburgh Head this afternoon, they must have been blyde to reach the east side :-