Whit'na boat wis yun...?

mogling

^ Quarffie, I use a fairly humble Canon 450D and for most telephoto stuff a Sigma 120-400mm lens. Yes, I have yet to take a picture with a straight horizon so invariably I use a horizon straightening piece of software to sort it out.  Plenty out there with free downloads, best of luck but give me a shout if you are stuck.  :-) 

I really struggle to get the horizon level - it invariably slopes from left to right :cry:

That'll be the tide - you can test this by going out and taking a photo a few hours later, then it will slope right to left as the water rushes back the other way*. if you wait for slack water, the horizon should be straight :P

The easiest way to avoid fecking about with extra software is do as SD often does - use a decent vantage point & zoom in tightly to avoid the horizon!

* I read this on the internet, so it must be true ;)

^ Good pikter trooter, vexed it was too dark when she passed the deep south. Not much within range today, one passing by in the distance was the " Skog " from Skogn on route to Belfast seen here about 4 mile off Sumburgh Head :-

Skog IMG_1058 by Ronnierob, on Flickr

Couple of recent pictures taken near Sumburgh Head, our regular the Gerda Saele ploughing her way around the southern cape :-

and yesterday after aborting the west side route is the " Mekhanik Tyulenev " off Sumburgh Head then hugging the shelter of the east side of Shetland before heading to Kjopsvik in Norway :-

The Vos Raasay left Quendale Bay today during somewhat deteriorating weather conditions. :-

^ Big improvement on weather " roondin da hoarn " daday ! The Ronja Settler off Sumburgh Head :-

Some pictures of the Gerda Saele off The Ness of Burgi yesterday, not a pretty day on the west side at all !     Gerda Saele :-