Burra Bears?

Biglad

So, whats people's opinions on this?

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2011/10/17/businesswomen-do-battle-over-shetland-teddy-bears

In my opinion The Shetland Fudge Company have tried to pull the rug from under Mrs Inksters feet with a blatant attempt at stealing her idea. Looks like Mrs Ramsay is a bit miffed that her ex partner was quicker of the mark buying up the domain names!

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the ins and outs of it Ms Shetland Fudge sounded very heavy handed about it.

Whereas Ms Burra Bears was very philosophical and level headed.

What Ms Ramsey has done is not a very "Shetland thing" in my humble opinion i.e. threats of legal action etc.

Now then, what would I buy?. A Burra Bear or a Shetland Fudge Bear?.

No contest I'm afraid, a Burra Bear!.

Competition in the market place is a good thing

Is it even competition though when the SFC's bears cost more than double the price? You would nearly think that at the difference in cost of the 2 then the SFC are either looking at a different market or just blatantly trying to rip people off and we know what people think of that! :wink:

I know neither of the women concerned. Each make a different product (one a jointed toy, the other an ornament), and a different price point. Fair Isle patterns are not 'owned' by either. They are called different things, one Burra Bears and one Shetland Teddy co.

I can understand why the Fudge lady would be miffed that the Burra lady bought the domains with the teddy company's name and pointed them to the Burra site.

If the the Teddy lady had gone and bought lots of Burra bear domains and pointed them at the teddy site, wouldn't Mrs Inkster be just as miffed?

Guest Anonymous

If anyone misses this as being an outstanding squad topic, It'd be a travesty! :wink:

.. The teddybears punchup.. (if you go down to the woods tonight style)

.. The right to 'bear' arms..

.. Hostile cor(bear)ate takover..... :roll:

The list is endless.

Whatever the ins and outs of it Ms Shetland Fudge sounded very heavy handed about it.

Whereas Ms Burra Bears was very philosophical and level headed about it.

What Ms Ramsey has done is not a very "Shetland thing" in my humble opinion i.e. threats of legal action etc.

Now then, what would I buy?. A Burra Bear or a Shetland Fudge Bear?.

No contest I'm afraid, a Burra Bear!.

:lik:

Guest Anonymous
Very good reason for me to never buy anything ever again from the Shetland Fudge Company.

Goodbye...

If you shop with corporate ethics in mind.. You either only buy bread and milk or are fully self sustainable!

So is it co-op and only locally grown/ fair trade? Or the dreaded Tesco and you only really care where you buy your fudge from?

Each make a different product (one a jointed toy, the other an ornament),

Come on, person 1 comes up with a successfull idea of making bears out of Fair Isle jumpers. Person 2 gets on the bandwagon after a fallout with person 1 and starts making bears out of Fair Isle jumpers! :shock:

If I was person 1 I would certainly be a bit miffed too. If person 1 is quicker of the mark and a bit more 'savvy' and buys up the domain names then why does person 2 start chucking the 'toys out the pram'?

You fly with the crows you get shot with the crows!