Burra Bears?

Biglad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shetlink - Shetland's Online Community: share information, share resources and communicate ideas

Not gossip, or speculation, if at all possible. Thanks.

HaHa!!! Sorry, had a little chuckle when i read this :lol:

You had a chuckle I about wet myself, the place would be a lot quieter if folk didn't lay off about stuff based purely on hearsay, rumour, innuendo and total fabrication :lol:

Back to the bears

One of the rare occasions I agree with SP, let them get on with it, there is no need for this to be fought out in public.

I will be honest here, I have lived in Shetland on and off for 25 years and I had literally never heard of The Shetland Teddy Bear Company. Like seriously, I had never heard anyone talking about them. Ever.

I know plenty of folk who have bought a Burra Bear, and I thought this was the only bear like that to be produced in Shetland. They say all publicity is good publicity, don't they?

As for that letter on the Shetland Times website, did you see the list of companies which Thomas and Gillian Ramsey are directors of?

"Thomas and Gillian Ramsay

Directors

The Shetland Fudge Company Ltd,

The Shetland Teddy Bear Company,

The Shetland Candle Company,

The Shetland Art Company,

The Shetland Hamper Company."

I used a popular search engine to try and find these companies, and the only place on the whole internet where I could find the phrases "The Shetland Candle Company" and "The Shetland Hamper Company" was on that page, at the bottom of that letter.

All I can say is I guess more folk will have heard of them now! :?

:rofl:

How long have you been in Shetland?

In my experience, public forums just reflect what's being discussed in the local shops and pubs.

Shetland's probably one of the few places where the use of the internet will slow down local rumours and gossip :lol:

I was just making a point. threatening letters can end up with people in court. Legal advice can only end up in 1 of 2 directions, 1 backs off, or they both go to court. When I said grow up and just get on with it, I was refering to the fact that both businesses should just get on with their own businesses. I m sure their both fine and freindly people, and they have both started their businesses from scratch, but a teddy is a teddy, and I just think its all just not that important in the grand scheme of things. esp with everything else thats going on in this war torn world

Pinnie, I think you'd find it more important if you'd invested your own time, money and worry in building up a business. It suddenly becomes very important when someone tries to undermine all your hard work.

Fair enough point,

I have looked at BOTH websites for both companies, both are impressive. I must say, a public fight is not gonna be good advertisement for either firm, or will it!!!!!

:rofl:

How long have you been in Shetland?

In my experience, public forums just reflect what's being discussed in the local shops and pubs.

Shetland's probably one of the few places where the use of the internet will slow down local rumours and gossip :lol:

In my experience, Shetlink threads that descend into gossip and speculative discussion, outwith that which is overtly in the public domain, get locked. :wink: