Is this a criminal offence or not?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would be more than happy to stand in Lerwick sheriff court and explain my comments I made against you and other polish people,as what I said was true,you even admitted this to me.the police and the people to deal with and I would be happy to explain my defence to them and the media as people need to be protected and have the freedom of speech.my comments was not made against all polish people but about the bad ones,

Perhaps you can tell me what police office you are dealing with,as I will be more than happy to call them and more than willing to travel to see them if need be.

Your comments and claims you made against me by email should also be investigated by them too.so would be helpful if you give the police station details,or is it more lies by you."

Last email sent by this individual to me :((((

What do you think now?

This is where the stereotypical comment may have come from, yet folk from East Europe have a gift many of us would shy from, hard manual labour and the ability to sustain it. The guys and gals here work so hard to build a future for themselves. They also tend to be the only race in numbers doing such work.

This is as much of a massive sweeping statement as saying all Poles are crooks.

Sorry that sounds a bit harsh and antagonistic. But for every law abiding hard working Eastern European immigrant I have met I have also met others that are lazy and dishonest.

I would however say that the chaps comments should be reported to the Police and let them tell you if there is a case or you could speak to the citizens advice bureau.

When you hire a car, the hirer signs an agreement to pay all hire costs, including any speeding/parking fines incurred and also the cost of refilling with fuel if not returned with a full tank.

As you were the driver you would also have had to sign the agreement as this contains the 'vehicle insurance' section.

There would also be a section giving the car hire company permission to debit your card. You must have given them your card details or how could they have attempted to debit the card you had "to stop" after you "left it on the bus from Aberdeen"?

It would therefore appear that you are equally responsible to pay the extra costs.

There are foundations being laid with education in Eastern Europe, in a few generations, because of the determination of these folk their status will change and their race will evolve,

:shock:

Interesting choice of words; I'm sure my wife and the rest of her family will be delighted to learn of their impending evolution.

When you hire a car, the hirer signs an agreement to pay all hire costs, including any speeding/parking fines incurred and also the cost of refilling with fuel if not returned with a full tank.

As you were the driver you would also have had to sign the agreement as this contains the 'vehicle insurance' section.

There would also be a section giving the car hire company permission to debit your card. You must have given them your card details or how could they have attempted to debit the card you had "to stop" after you "left it on the bus from Aberdeen"?

It would therefore appear that you are equally responsible to pay the extra costs.

Do I have to explain that again and again. I was just a person to pick up a car and HE PAID FOR IT(2 days of renting over a phone). After i brought a car to ferry terminalI thought he is comming with me to this rental company and get full resposibility for a car. He told me he had forgotten his licence. I trusted him and drove him around Shetland becouse we had in a proocess to swap our flats. That was a main reason why i met this individual. Now i have an invoice for 44 pounds to pay. This it is seperate case. I am asking you a question about this descrimination statment concern polish peolple. Dont mixed both problems.

A bit wrong there (boldface Text).

I hired a vehicle from Grantfield and my partner drove it. I booked it over the phone. The car was waiting at the airport for us to get straight in and drive. I paid and signed, my partner drove.

My partner was not responsible for the payment as I had booked it and paid for it, including the additional driver charge.

Yes, if you feel that you have been discriminated against, he has.

Just report it and get it over and done with.

^^

@shetlandpeat.

Did you have to show your and your partners driving linceces? Did you sign that you would be responsible and your partner was an additional driver?

On the many occasions I have been additional driver I have always had to produce my full licence.

I do not think a carhire company would just give a car out without the correct paperwork.

before we go any further what country did the guy come from that sent the nasty email. if he was from a simlar area of the eu then it would not be.

so every time a scot calls an english person an english barsteward that is a racist crime. or even if a shetlander mocks an incomer then that must all so be a crime.

The UN does not define "racism", however it does define "racial discrimination": According to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.[11]

before we go any further what country did the guy come from that sent the nasty email. if he was from a simlar area of the eu then it would not be.

so every time a scot calls an english person an english barsteward that is a racist crime. or even if a shetlander mocks an incomer then that must all so be a crime.

The UN does not define "racism", however it does define "racial discrimination": According to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.[11]

Might I respectfully refer you Paulb to my earlier post on what would appear to be the relevant legislation here in Shetland/Scotland/UK?

If you were to call me a white pale-faced stinky pig I could report you to the Police for making a racist remark, REGARDLESS of your race.

not if we are both.

white pale-faced stinky pig I could report you to the Police for making a racist remark, REGARDLESS of your race.

you would have to isolate the insult to either race ,ethnic or national origin. re read the un outline.

the treatment of the travellers could be seen as racist. however the group camped outside st pauls could not.

oh heck the wife comes from the south west and i love to sing ive got a brand new combine harvester to her. I am racist i will go to the police station tomorrow and hand myself over.

Which can I ask is more offensive then, a person of partial north african decent being called a Pakki or someone fae shetland being called a toonie? Apparently the later requires a phone call to the parents, where as the the former the parents found out through gossip.

Child never the less is grounded over the Halloween weekend.

What happened? Toonies, Yocals did they become racist at the same time as soothmoother? does that make shetlander a racist term aswell?