Do not use this company! VETPHARMACY.co.uk

Frances144

Usual postal scam imho.

Thank you VETPHARMACY.CO.UK

I realise we are charged more for our location, but at least stop offering FREE DELIVERY just before you press the button PAY NOW.

They said their delivery charges were on a different page (unlinked too, I think).

Where do Trading Standards stand on internet purchases or is there one ginormous loophole?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/Frances144/Picture1-36.png

Oh well, this cheers me up!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/Frances144/a7662586.jpg

Before I order anywhere I check the delivery charges. I went to the home page of this site, and with one click (and with no searching, there was a big yellow link with a picture of a DHL van at the top of the page - much easier to find than most delivery sections) reached the delivery charges page that clearly states the surcharge for Highlands and Islands postcodes.

I wouldn't describe it as a scam - it's the couriers that are to blame. We just need to encourage more places to use Royal Mail!

I had a similar problem initially with www.zooplus.co.uk as they advertised free delivery. Trading Standards do take action. However, when I contacted Zooplus they immediately refunded the delivery cost albeit it now does cost something like £4 or £4.80 for delivery.

Have used petmeds.co.uk for prescription items.

Did you ask Bestpet, if they didn't already stock it?

They will get it for you. I asked for a larger size of prescription diet cat food, and to be able to get worming tablets in 20s, and they duly appeared on the site :)

Only down side is Streamline deliver the bigger items so I've had to wait a few days sometimes...

WAIT

Bestpet sell it - search vivitonin ;)

It's prescription only, vets will usually charge to provide one.

Did you ask Bestpet, if they didn't already stock it?

They will get it for you. I asked for a larger size of prescription diet cat food, and to be able to get worming tablets in 20s, and they duly appeared on the site :)

Only down side is Streamline deliver the bigger items so I've had to wait a few days sometimes...

WAIT

Bestpet sell it - search vivitonin ;)

It's prescription only, vets will usually charge to provide one.

Thanks - saw that. I wonder how much vets charge for the prescript.

Also, I am not sure the dog is gonna last much longer tbh. :(

• 8 months later...
Before I order anywhere I check the delivery charges.

Same here.

I find that, by going to the delivery information first before even looking up the item(s) I may want to buy, usually to be found in the small print at the foot of the page, I have saved a lot of time.

I do similarly on ebay before I consider bidding for anything.

I must be missing something here,I can get the medicine I need for my dogs Online for half the price but you need a prescription and register them Online. They ask for a prescription from my vet which is £12 so I have no choice to get it here as the cost would be the same.

By the way there is a dispensing charge of £2 :x :x

It is just having no choice that bothers me.

Before I order anywhere I check the delivery charges.

Same here.

I find that, by going to the delivery information first before even looking up the item(s) I may want to buy, usually to be found in the small print at the foot of the page, I have saved a lot of time.

I do similarly on ebay before I consider bidding for anything.

yes same here and if they charge extra then they dont get our custom. we even got a chest freezer a big one delivered free from tescoi refuse to give folks money for nothing.