Airport cafe

mikeyboy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being happy go lucky is fine but when you are asked to pay over the odds for poor quality food and service then it is right to complain. I have. They can't even make decent coffee!

They tried to charge a friend of mine £88,000.89 for 4 cups a tea and a tunnocks tea cake the other day.. :shock:

and before people jump down my keyboard i know it was an error somewhere... :roll:

Guyz, I bet you havn't complained to the management even though you've used this service regularly and continue to do so and continue to be dissapointed!

If the food and service is so bad then why keep using it, you know you are going on the plane so why not eat before you head to Sumburgh or take something with you.

The food there is not the best value and I know this before I go but it still doesn't stop me eating there. The man in question is always polite enough to me but then again I'm quite polite to him!

I am forced to use the cafe as I travel to work from Sumburgh. In the past I have had to wait 8 hours for a chopper. So have had to use the cafe for Breakfast and Lunch.

I am always polite to the chap in question and always will be. Hopefully someday this will rub off and he might actually develop some common courtesy.

I haven't actually complained to the management as I am always wary of the potential knock on effects to that individual. But I don't think I should have to complain to get decent food and treatment. I had hoped there would be an improvement when the Hotel took over the contract again but I am afraid this is not the case.

Guyz, I bet you havn't complained to the management even though you've used this service regularly and continue to do so and continue to be dissapointed!

If the food and service is so bad then why keep using it, you know you are going on the plane so why not eat before you head to Sumburgh or take something with you.

The food there is not the best value and I know this before I go but it still doesn't stop me eating there. The man in question is always polite enough to me but then again I'm quite polite to him!

I am forced to use the cafe as I travel to work from Sumburgh. In the past I have had to wait 8 hours for a chopper. So have had to use the cafe for Breakfast and Lunch.

I am always polite to the chap in question and always will be. Hopefully someday this will rub off and he might actually develop some common courtesy.

I haven't actually complained to the management as I am always wary of the potential knock on effects to that individual. But I don't think I should have to complain to get decent food and treatment. I had hoped there would be an improvement when the Hotel took over the contract again but I am afraid this is not the case.

I have much sympathy for you Mikeyboy and understand your point of view and the fact that considering your job you don't really have another option, saying that, a quiet word in the appropriate persons ear might do the trick you never know. Thanks for the nice reply by the way always appreciated!

I ate there 6 months ago whilst waiting for my daughter on a long delayed flight. It was very busy and they had stared to run low on supplies. My other bairn had to be fed and I didn't anticipate such a long wait so I opted for chips which was all that was left. I ordered chip butty and was disgusted at what they served me, I opened the butty to find 8, yes 8 dried up hard chips inside it!. I took it back, waiting again in a long queue with a small child in tow and complained. They apologized saying that they gave me the left over few rather than make me wait for fresh to be fried. They were quite young and I could see no adults in the area. I asked for fresh and for it to be brought to me when ready which they did but it really was not much better but did the job.

I made a complaint last week about this person's general unhelpful attitude. I made it through HIA and they came back to me to find out some more details but have not had an official reply as yet.

The young person working with him was the total opposite and was really embarrassed by his rudeness and lack of manners.

Hopefully he will be due to retire soon :oops: :roll:

I was manager of the Airport cafe for a 6month period last year and the staff in question worked for me. The hours they put in the hard work and the abuse they had to put up with makes it not an easy job at times. I luckily due to the hard work put in by staff had a very few complaints and most of these came at times during the BIG SNOW when everybody was stressed The staff never let me down although the previous franchise holders let them down big time by laying them off when all flights were cancelled during the VOLCANO DOOMTIMES without pay.

[***Mod edit - content removed***]is one of the best cooks I have had pleasure working with and since he has been there since Noah I should imagine a lot of folk have enjoyed his cooking without complaint.

As usual folk tend to use these platforms to air their grievances because they have no real grievance it is just they are mad because their flight has been delayed or they have forgotten something at the office or home and need to bite at someone.

Get a set of balls and complain to whoever is available at the time if not put it in writing its the old way, you can buy pen and paper at shops.

Happy Chappy

I shouldn't have to complain to anybody to get decent service or food, Should I?

So we are in the wrong for not complaining to the guy and putting up with more of his attitude. a very strange attitude to take.

There are 170 people on this rig all passing through Sumburgh and everybody mentions the food and the attitude of the guy.

I would suggest that " Are you F****ing lot still here" is not a way to greet customers.

[***Mod edit - content removed***] is one of the best cooks I have had pleasure working with and since he has been there since Noah I should imagine a lot of folk have enjoyed his cooking without complaint.

Happy Chappy

This is the bit that worries me. Are you serious this guy is one of the best cooks you have ever worked with? That just beggars belief.

By the way who called him an [***Mod edit - content removed***]?

I shouldn't have to complain to anybody to get decent service or food, Should I?

So we are in the wrong for not complaining to the guy and putting up with more of his attitude. a very strange attitude to take.

There are 170 people on this rig all passing through Sumburgh and everybody mentions the food and the attitude of the guy.

I would suggest that " Are you F****ing lot still here" is not a way to greet customers.

I'll duck for cover after this but could he have been trying to have a bit of 'craic' with you guyz or what context did he apply that sentance in?