Airport cafe

mikeyboy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paulb

with the winter vomiting bug just about to come back

Where did you get that nugget of scaremongering from? Your horoscope?

its a normal virus that appears every year.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

what scaremongering. the spewy bug is very common. good hand hygine is important in it control. its hit northlink the last two years.

The Northlink Ferries did indeed have Norovirus last year. The hospital pretty much escaped it, which makes it one of the only hospitals in the UK not to have been affected. (Those alcohol gel handrub things DO work, if you use them!)

There are around a million cases of norovirus each year in the UK (mostly unreported), and it is a real problem for hospitals, hotels and ships.

Hand hygiene is very important as Paulb mentions. Also, if you do get it, stay off work! It is very infectious indeed (not that you'd want to be any further than 5 yards away from a toilet and a bucket anyway!!)

You're still likely to be infectious for up to 48 hours after your symptoms cease, so try to avoid going back to work too soon.

This is doubly important if you work in healthcare or catering.

There is a test for norovirus on stool samples, but to be honest it isn't really used much, as a negative result doesn't rule out other viral causes of D&V. It tends to get used in the hospital to confirm that an outbreak is due to norovirus or not, but the infection control precautions used when dealing with D&V don't change whether the test is positive or not.

I dont understand any of these people complaining scince sumburgh hotel has taken over the catering the cafe is on the up ,the staff are pleasent the food is basic but good and the tables and floors and all of thecatering equipent is by far the cleanest on this island . The cook is is a fine guy who is pleasent to all not just the airport staff and has time for everyone .

YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR PUTTING THESE STAFF IN THE FIRING LINE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE PUT OUT OF WORK HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MERRY XMAS

HAPPY CUSTOMER

I dont understand any of these people complaining scince sumburgh hotel has taken over the catering the cafe is on the up ,the staff are pleasent the food is basic but good and the tables and floors and all of thecatering equipent is by far the cleanest on this island . The cook is is a fine guy who is pleasent to all not just the airport staff and has time for everyone .

YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR PUTTING THESE STAFF IN THE FIRING LINE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE PUT OUT OF WORK HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MERRY XMAS

HAPPY CUSTOMER

....because its good to gossip in a faceless society where you can post without fear of being accountable for the crap that you type!!

This has to be without a doubt the most pathetic thing i have ever read in all my life. instead of sitting about complaining about someone on the internet where everyone can see it, go to the person and complain to them face to face. have you ever thought that the reason he might have been a bit rude to you is because of the way you came across to him? maybe if you had some manners, he'd go out of his way to be nice to you. grow a pair and stop being a coward.

I think its absolutely pathetic that you are all downing somebody so much on an online forum, just because its anonymous. If your not man enough to say it to the persons face you shouldn't say it on here!

I am still waiting for a response from the Sumburgh Hotel regarding my complaint.... :roll:

Complaining is something you should probably keep to yourself and not publicise!

Airport catering all over the UK is unspeakable, always has been, probably always will be, Sumburgh has never been any better, or worse than any other. I seriously doubt its suddenly gotten worse, so what's the fuss about now....

Its a hellish job, made worse in Sumburgh's case by it being an even more hellish than most building...So what if you get a bit of attitude with your tae and sandwich, just be grateful you got in through arrivals and out the main door, or vice versa with your life and sanity intact.

Some of us who've worked in that building in time past, have been looking for our sanity ever since we managed to finally escape. :P