why is my fuscia tree budding?

I've got a spectacular fuscia tree in my front garden, very heavy bloomer but weirdly - it's started budding again! It's got little green leaves starting...

A storm one day in September blasted it, all leaves off in one day leaving it bare, this happens every year but then I expected it to behave as it normally does and stay bare, but I couldn't believe it...

Is this cos the weather is mild?

Any ideas? :shock:

... Spencie could write an appropriate fiddle tune...

'Ode to an up and coming bloomer' a lilting, lively growing tune with an occasional flute part in the key of D

Or

'Git back in the Eart for thee too damn early', a mournful, wavering with sorrow tune with an unusual mouth organ part in the key of C#m

Can't work out if the Welshman would make them grow up or down?

:lol:

Im hoping my fuscia trees dont start budding again!.

What, ever? :o Never, ever? :P

They are lovely though, I've cut mine so it's top heavy when it blooms, that way I have a huge display at eye level outside my kitchen window which gives me some privacy too.

Bit like a bonsai fuschia- but not. In fact, not at all! :roll:

I hate my fuscia! its just messy :-) if I could id have it all dug out and put real trees :-) if I was to get rid of it id gain about 2m more on my back garden.

ssssshhh... It might hear you... :shock:

Well because of the bleedin' docks I decided to put a matting down and cover the parts that weren't being used in bark chippings, that way the fuscia seeds can't grow...yes, messy but you could cut it back and shape it, be brutal, I am every year, strip it right back so I get the shape I want.

(sigh... Wish I coud do that with my body!) :wink:

ssssshhh... It might hear you... :shock:

Well because of the bleedin' docks I decided to put a matting down and cover the parts that weren't being used in bark chippings, that way the fuscia seeds can't grow...yes, messy but you could cut it back and shape it, be brutal, I am every year, strip it right back so I get the shape I want.

(sigh... Wish I coud do that with my body!) :wink:

I know the feeling deary! I think if we get it cut right back I may put chipping down so long as dogs dont mess it all up again!