Lost Car Key

RugyDavy

Stupidly, I lost my only copy of my car key last night while out for my evening walk. The most likely location would be between the graveyard gates at Twageos and the top of the Knab. This was around 6.45 and despite a thorough search by torch light an hour later I found nothing. If someone happened across a single car key on a Tesco fob, please get in touch.

Only in Shetland, and only Shetland people, would come through the way a kindly anonymous soul has done today.

I had reported my lost key last night at the police station but the desk officer had no room left in his lost property book and so wrote the details on a scrap of paper. This worried me, so this afternoon after another 2 hour search tracing all my steps from last night (with a very kind friend for help) I popped in for an update and to make sure my "lost property" was recorded.

NO NEED!. the kind lady behind the desk had them safe and sound, dropped off by an anonymous and very very kind person earlier today.

This would have been unlikley to have happened "doon sooth".

Thank you whoever you are.

:D :D :D :D :D

^^^ Yeah, we are all total scum from down sarf. We found a wallet with photos, personal effects and over £200 in cash inside late one Friday night, shortly after closing time. We handed it in...

... honesty obviously does pay because it was never claimed. :D

... honesty obviously does pay because it was never claimed. :D

Would have been a great way to donate to a charity.

Any money we found in the pub after closing went in the charity

Jar. Any identified loss was returned and a note on the wall told

The punters of the policy. One month we donated over £300.

Worked well. We found we got more donated as well.

^ Some of it we did donate to charity. I also spent over an hour telephoning the various contacts (several of them being to mobiles) scrawled on the bits of paper contained within said wallet and visited some of the written addresses in attempts to find said owner to no avail.

^^

I was merely attempting to point out that there are some honest folks around wherever you go.

All,

I meant no disrespect to anyone. I'm from "doon sooth" myself and I did use the word "unlikely". The comment was more to do with the fact that in a town like Glasgow if keys were lost the chances of finding them at all would be unlikley given the volume of passing foot traffic, and lets not be naive, given the sheer volume of people there is therefore a larger proportion of less than "public spirited" individuals.

I don't believe for a minute that Shetland doesn't have its "ne'er-do-wells", in fact I have met some, but the chance of having an encounter with someone of a decent minded spirit is more likely in this small community.

I still take my hat off to the anonymous person and count myself lucky that some other individual didn't simply throw them in the sea, or worse, go looking for my car! :lol:

Lets not tiff....

PS....yeah, spare key is on the agenda!

'Doon Sooth' I lost keys. I phoned the police station and reported them - and the keyring they were on made the woman I reported them to laugh, and we had a giggle.

A few weeks later I lost my card wallet - with bank cards, membership cards etc (no money) in it.

I phoned the police station when I realised and the gentleman I spoke to said it wasn't handed in, and it was unlikely to be now (I only realised two days later, but knew when and where it would have gone missing), so he didn't take my details.

The following day I had a phone call from the woman I had spoken to a few weeks earlier. The card wallet had been handed in (on the day it was lost), and she recognised my name after having had a fun on the phone and had made the effort to look back in the records to track me down.

So it can and does happen sooth too.