If Scotland became independant, what would Shetland do?

kung foo panda

And don't think for one minute the SNP give a monkeys about Shetlanders wishes, they can't and won't see further North than Inverness - we are nothing but a source of income as far as they are concerned. As far as I can see if Scotland gets Independence, then Shetland will be sleepwalking into permanent serfdom to Holyrood.

Completely wrong on every point.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't think for one minute the SNP give a monkeys about Shetlanders wishes, they can't and won't see further North than Inverness - we are nothing but a source of income as far as they are concerned. As far as I can see if Scotland gets Independence, then Shetland will be sleepwalking into permanent serfdom to Holyrood.

Completely wrong on every point.

Don't get me wrong, I voted for the SNP as I believe they are the best political party to run Scotland. That's Scotland - not Shetland. Unfortunately, having seen their complete apathy regarding Orkney, Caithness and Sutherland, I can only believe they will see Shetland as nothing more than an insignificant rock that has oil nearby.

what plans have the SNP got for Shetland?

Alex Salmond plans ta trample Shetland inta da grund wi his central belt SNP jackboot, thus effacing the triumphs of UK economic and social policy forever ... Da sooner we return to da Norwegian or Danish midderland da better ...

Alex Salmond plans ta trample Shetland inta da grund wi his central belt SNP jackboot ...

Do you know this for a fact, or just indulging in paranoid fantasies?

nah - he's joost takkin da p*** oota da Fake Vikings. No dat hard it can be said!

More constructively and ignoring da Tory Unionist Viking tosh - whit do you aa think wid be Shetland's contribution ta biggin an Independent Scotland? When and if it happens.

Alex Salmond plans ta trample Shetland inta da grund wi his central belt SNP jackboot, thus effacing the triumphs of UK economic and social policy forever ... Da sooner we return to da Norwegian or Danish midderland da better ...

So The Lord of the Files is possibly trying to get Kavi ugl excited, by mentioning Norway and Denmark all in the wan breath..

Neither of these two countries have any real similarity to Shetland - other than some people tend to live in multi-coloured Houses, that tend to send your brain into overdrive..(Ok Kavi, too Busy you see) :lol:

Brian - STIRRER :shock:

Todays Herald Diary, reports that Tavish Scott, former LibDem leader, tabled a question in the Parliament last week asking the Scottish Executive why local authorities are now charging £20 for a Blue Badge.

This scandalous situation received the following reply from Transport Minister Keith Brown.

"The fee was increased on 1 April 2007 from not exceeding £2 to not exceeding £20 by one Tavish Scott!"

April Fool or what? you couldn't make it up.

Alex Salmond plans ta trample Shetland inta da grund wi his central belt SNP jackboot ...

Do you know this for a fact, or just indulging in paranoid fantasies?

nah - he's joost takkin da p*** oota da Fake Vikings. No dat hard it can be said!

More constructively and ignoring da Tory Unionist Viking tosh - whit do you aa think wid be Shetland's contribution ta biggin an Independent Scotland? When and if it happens.

Stilll no word on how the SNP will benefit Shetland? :wink:

(from a non-Tory, non-'Viking' SNP voter)

Todays Herald Diary, reports that Tavish Scott, former LibDem leader, tabled a question in the Parliament last week asking the Scottish Executive why local authorities are now charging £20 for a Blue Badge.

This scandalous situation received the following reply from Transport Minister Keith Brown.

"The fee was increased on 1 April 2007 from not exceeding £2 to not exceeding £20 by one Tavish Scott!"

April Fool or what? you couldn't make it up.

The blue badge scheme as it stands has it problems with fraud. The GOV announced that this will be tackled. The new badges will be secure from fraud in the fact it would be much harder to copy them.

Councils will also take on the role of assessor I believe and the GOV have OKed it to raise the price by between £2 and £10. You will also be able to do the application on line as well.

The GOV put a figure of about £40,000,000 as the cost of the fraud.

The info is on the GOV. Dept web site for all to see.

Bit off topic.

Fake vikings?. That'll be Up-Helly-Aa which I loathe for being just that!. I'm tempted to hybernate until it's all past :wink:

Norway and Denmark in the same sentence?. Hubba hubba :lol:

Never mind, hubco will sort Shetland as will the 4 days per fortnight wir fishing boats are now allowed to fish at sea :(

Skoal!.

Stilll no word on how the SNP will benefit Shetland? :wink:

(from a non-Tory, non-'Viking' SNP voter)

Da sam wey as it'll benefit every idder coonty in Scotland by promoting an independent social democratic country, but more so, that looks ta Scandinavia as an example, but not a template

And quite unlaek da ConDem free market wasteland o rabid dogs wi da poor beneath der feet, rapidly developing ida UK.